Smoker Suggestion

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:20 pm

If you can talk him into waiting a few weeks, one of those Gator's would be well worth it!

Either way, let us know what he gets... How come he don't visit here his own self?

James.
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm

JamesB wrote:If you can talk him into waiting a few weeks, one of those Gator's would be well worth it!

Either way, let us know what he gets... How come he don't visit here his own self?

James.

I'll let ya know what he gets. He must be having a party this weekend or something. He said that he took off Fri night so he wants a smoker by then.

As far as him coming here, I have told him several times that he needs to join here, but I guess that he is too good for us! :roll:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:20 am

Well tell that boss fella to put about another 5 K with it and he can have Fred..the undisputed King of the combo log burner direct cooking hot or cold smoking portable smokehouses propane powered Lazy Q's and grills. It will save him a few steps to skip the R2D2 Gizmos. He also likes to have januine S. Texas mesquite coals shoveled in his general direction. Another 5 K to go with he gets a good running 20 foot wannabe roach coach to pull him with. Her name is Fredericka. If he acts within the next 72 hrs. I will also throw in a complete sausage making operation to boot. Whut a deal huh?

bigwheel
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:44 pm

So what did end up with??????????
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
Keasteregg
Pilgrim

Postby Keasteregg » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Come on, Chuckie, talk your boss into buying mine! :wink:
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:17 pm

He didn't see anything that he liked at the stores, so he did the smart thing and held off. I put him in touch with Ratmo. Hopfully they can work something out. I think that is more along the lines of what he is wanting.

Keester, I would, but he already said that he doesnt want a trailer mounted smoker. :( I told him that he needed the Texas Legend, and he said.... NO! http://www.gatorpit.net/trailer_pits/texas_legend.htm
Chuck

nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Well, the boss met with Ratmo and put a deposit down. Looks like a Ratty built smoker it is.
Chuck

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Ratmo better post the pics as it comes along, that way his QC will be top notch what with all us highly trained metal smiths and welders watching :lol: It could be good for his biz as well. :idea:

Come to think of it, haven't seen Ratmo post for a while, thought maybe he packed up moved to Fiji or something. :? Good to hear he's still making pits.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:52 pm

I haven't seen him in awhile either. If I remember right, he wanted me to delete a post or something and I haven't seen him here since. :dont:

Anyways, I have already told him that I needed pics of the build. Hopefully I will get them. If so I will post em for him.
Chuck

ratmo USER_AVATAR
Ratmo
Wrangler

Postby Ratmo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:33 am

Hey, im still around. Also on 5 other forums. I'll send pic's to chuck. Still gatherin materials for it. Metal prices have sure gone thru the roof.
4 x 8 x 3/16 plate 186.00!
If,n it aint one thang, its anuther!

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”