Combo Horzontal/Upright Smokers

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Combo Horzontal/Upright Smokers

Postby Rambo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:05 am

I have one and the temp difference isn’t 50 degrees, maybe 20. My vertical has 2 racks plus a sausage rod. Pretty dayum handy if you’re cooking 2 or 3 different meat types
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Combo Horzontal/Upright Smokers

Postby GRailsback » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:09 am

Welcome to the the Forum.

Have a look at Klose Pits. They have the top of line pits in my opinion. I have a 30" x 7ft. main horizontal chamber with the upright smoke box. Mine is designed, and built by Klose Pits to be able to do both in the upright. It has a baffle between the horizontal and the upright. When that baffle is open, and you are running the pit fully open, there will be no change in the temp from the horizontal to the upright. Mine will cook dead even across 9 1/2 feet at 250 degrees. You never have to rotate meat. If you close the baffle, then it will lag behind the horizontal by about 75 drgrees. When I use it in that position it is mainly to hold pans of meat.

Also they could very well be the most expensive offset on the market. But in my opinion you will not find a better, more high quality pit that a David Klose built pit.

Here is a link to there website. There is a link for mobile smokers, and if you want a backyard model look at the backyard chef model, it will have the upright on it.

https://bbqpits.com/

Good luck in your search

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”