The Coffin

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

pinoypitmaster USER_AVATAR
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

Re: The Coffin

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 am

TwoGuysBBQ wrote:nice looking set up, I too have a bit of an unusual design and have learned it works great. I would recommend the biscuit test during your break in, it really helps you know where your hot spots are or weather you have an even cooking surface.
All you have to do is get a can of biscuit dough open it and lay out your biscuits around your grate area after you've lit your fire. After a few minutes check and see which biscuits are rising and that will determine where your hot spots are. if their rising together then you've got a nice even cooking surface. 8)

Did you post your pit? I would like to see it, perhaps you can post the link?
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:47 am

Mypit20.JPG

Mypit23.JPG

Mypit25.JPG

Mypit22.JPG

2 bskts.jpg

The company I work for built it for me.
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

The Coffin

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:26 pm

TwoGuysBBQ wrote:
Mypit20.JPG

Mypit23.JPG

Mypit25.JPG

Mypit22.JPG

2 bskts.jpg

The company I work for built it for me.

That is a beast of a pit! Very nice. It is very clean too!

I see vents on the what appears to be the cook chamber. What does that do for you? Reduce cook chamber temp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:15 pm

The vent pipes primarily control my smoke outtake. I start my fire with the vents wide open then when briskets go on ill close the vents about half way just to give them a good smoke and after a couple hours then wide open the rest of the cook.
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

The Coffin

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:30 pm

So after sometime looking at my paint job, i will be redoing it with an airless paint-gun $20 from Harbor Freight. My brush on technique sucked and I’m just tired looking at the streaks i left behind in my fervor to get it done. Now I’m gonna sand it a bit and put another coat of Sunburst yellow!

PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

The Coffin

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Pinoy Double Barrel Thermo Turbo

Well haven’t gotten that airless paint gun but wanted to show my new tech design on an old tried and true design of flat baffle plates. Instead of a flat plate and perforated steel i used 4inch square tubing. I call it the Pinoy Double Barrel Thermo Turbo

I have a firebox that is under cook chamber and right angles into the center of the cook chamber using 4” square tubing that is about 1/2in above bottom of cook chamber so fat doesnt drip down to fire.

I cover that center opening with my removable Thermo Turbo to distribute her and smoke evenly throughout cook chamber. I have further fabrication within the Thermo Turbo that is a Pinoy Top Secret Smoke distribution tech :)

I’ve had a brisket cook and after some adjustments works well you can see earlier pics that i posted!

Still to test my top secret BARKinator if it works I will post results. Built to improve bark on ribs and brisket and make chicken skin crispy. All theory at this point...

Image Image

PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

The Coffin

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Ok got the final details and final coat of yellow! What better way to showcase my Pinoy double barrel Thermo turbos then racing stripes!! Vrooooom baby![img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180811/083e5d52d3d107e3d942d78498d3a874.jpg[/IMG[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180811/5b735d27625cd1a2f087153789ce430a.jpg[/img]]Image

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Last edited by PinoyPitmaster on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:30 pm

8) :tup: 8)
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:36 pm

IN THE RAIN!! Temps remain stable!!

Got lucky it’s raining here in Meadows Place and said to myself “what a great chance to simulate a rainy bbq cookoff !!”

Moderate rain and my pit is holding temps for past 30 minutes!!

The beauty of double walled insulation!!Image

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Passion and Practice make Great BBQ and I can see both in that Pic :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”