Custom chicken grill

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Custom chicken grill

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:14 am

Spent my holiday in Hawaii and on a day trip to the north shore of Oahu we passed this cool barbeque spot. He had specialized in one item; chicken. Unfortunately I didn't have time to test his food but it smelled incredibly good. I liked his barbecue setup a lot. This was a converted trailer with an electrical motor on the side which turned all the rods with chickens around. As said, I was not
able to test the food, but I stopped and snapped a photo. Maybe this is a common setup for many of you, but I have never seen this in my country before so therefore I post it. Very cool imo.Image

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Last edited by Norway Joe on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
allenayres USER_AVATAR
allenayres
Rustler

Re: Custom chicken grill

Postby allenayres » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:28 am

That looks really tasty, I can almost smell it :)
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Cool setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 pm

very productive and it should taste great also, especially if He's brining or injecting prior to the smoking :tup:
thanks for sharing this :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 pm

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen him in triple D on food network. It makes sense how it works and the fatty oils flavor the chicken once it hits the coals right?
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Copasspupil wrote:I’m pretty sure I’ve seen him in triple D on food network. It makes sense how it works and the fatty oils flavor the chicken once it hits the coals right?

Was part of Guy's family vacation show. Was either a senior trip for his son and/or a wedding for a friend. It has also been spliced into a couple of "greatest hits" show as well. A really cool set-up at any rate. Certainly a way to feed a lot of folks quick.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:52 pm

GTR wrote:Was part of Guy's family vacation show. Was either a senior trip for his son and/or a wedding for a friend. It has also been spliced into a couple of "greatest hits" show as well. A really cool set-up at any rate. Certainly a way to feed a lot of folks quick.

So I stumbled over a famous local :D

At first I thought this was a tourist thing but I got to speake with a local who just bought food to go. He said he went there often to eat and that it was a very popular spot. He had only good words about the food. It was very busy so I think the seller need the capacity of his setup. I love to see when someone adapt to optimize his business like this. Also a creative variant of the food trucks that are so popular at the north shore of the island
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”