Unique options for pit handles

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

finatic USER_AVATAR
Finatic
Bandolero

Re: Unique options for pit handles

Postby Finatic » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:32 pm

I saw a pit a couple weeks ago that used SS spatula's for handles. Looked good!
iridelow USER_AVATAR
iRIDElow
Wrangler

Postby iRIDElow » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:can't help but ask about your user name - - - could that mean motorcycles, street rods or shetlands ? :laughing7: :D :lol:

Im into custom vehicles. I have 2 magazine cover trucks at home right now. One full framed custom show truck that lays body, and One custom show truck that is lifted.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Cool, I expected something automotive - - - were you at Conroe Expo Truck Show the first of this month? END OF HI-JACK :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
iridelow USER_AVATAR
iRIDElow
Wrangler

Postby iRIDElow » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:04 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Cool, I expected something automotive - - - were you at Conroe Expo Truck Show the first of this month? END OF HI-JACK :whiteflag:

Sure was my big truck was in a vendors booth on the main drive.
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 am

iRIDElow wrote:Im into custom vehicles.....

You should be able to trend off that for handle ideas..... some con rods or a cam shaft might make a cool looking handle.

As much as I love wooden accents (above mentioned axe handles come to mind), unless you keep your pit covered/indoors then stay away from wood. It's a nightmare to keep looking decent without constant upkeep and/or refinishing. Although wood does give you interesting options (table legs, baseball bats, etc.) for handles. And wood stays cool to the touch.

Pretty much anything metal (with the exception of the spring handles) will get hot - even with just the sunshine in Texas.

Good luck.
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”