Old School Barrel Pit in Spring Area

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

BigCorey75
Wrangler

Old School Barrel Pit in Spring Area

Postby BigCorey75 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Hey anywhere I can find me one of these around the area? I'm looking for a simple Old school 55 gallon Barrel charcoal pit normally around 60 bucks. They used to be quite a regular site at local HEB's but harder to find. The reason im asking is because I want something simple and economical, to allow for some small gathering cooking without having to deal with my bigger smoker. Weekend cooking, inviting few friends over, also plus these things make amazing chicken and scrap cuts of meat haha. Anywhere I can find one of these, I really need one for the weekend..
ecto1 USER_AVATAR
ecto1
Cowboy

Re: Old School Barrel Pit in Spring Area

Postby ecto1 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:20 am

BigCorey75 wrote:Hey anywhere I can find me one of these around the area? I'm looking for a simple Old school 55 gallon Barrel charcoal pit normally around 60 bucks. They used to be quite a regular site at local HEB's but harder to find. The reason im asking is because I want something simple and economical, to allow for some small gathering cooking without having to deal with my bigger smoker. Weekend cooking, inviting few friends over, also plus these things make amazing chicken and scrap cuts of meat haha. Anywhere I can find one of these, I really need one for the weekend..

Fiesta has them also Dan's Hardware on Aldine Westfield
"Intelligence is something we are born with. BBQ’ing is a skill that must be learned"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Fat-Ash-BBQ/204098269604777
Markw142
Cowboy

Re: Old School Barrel Pit in Spring Area

Postby Markw142 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:34 am

They're on craigslist all the time
WDS Cookers - Tomball Tx
LoneStar Grillz LSGTP 24’’X 84’’ trailer rig
Oklahoma Joe offset 20"x48" home rig
Weber kettle

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”