Brisket Bath

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Trumpet112001
Pilgrim

Brisket Bath

Postby Trumpet112001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Just wondering bout dunkin each slice is its au jus prior to boxing it up....could anyone suggest which would be better....soaking in 100% brisket juice or using a fat seperator then soaking in seperated juices? Thanks!
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Re: Brisket Bath

Postby CaptJack » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:29 am

always better to separate the fat first
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
Trumpet112001
Pilgrim

Postby Trumpet112001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks, cookin tonight and tomorrow, i will seperate the juice.
bbqbrew01 USER_AVATAR
BBQBrew01
Wrangler

Postby BBQBrew01 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

The IBCA rule is not clear to me...says "Once cooking is complete" but than it says "once added to tray". Are they saying cooking isn't complete until the meat goes into tray? Kinda seems to me that once it is out of the pit cooking is complete.

Rule: Meats may be cooked with sauces and/or other liquids, but once the cooking is complete, sauces and/or liquids may not be added once put into tray.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:28 pm

BBQBrew01 wrote:The IBCA rule is not clear to me...says "Once cooking is complete" but than it says "once added to tray". Are they saying cooking isn't complete until the meat goes into tray? Kinda seems to me that once it is out of the pit cooking is complete.

Rule: Meats may be cooked with sauces and/or other liquids, but once the cooking is complete, sauces and/or liquids may not be added once put into tray.

It means exactly as stated. Once the cooking is complete and the meat is placed in the tray no sauces or liquids can be added. Do any saucing or bathing you want outside the turn in tray.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”