Paper question

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JMoney7269
Bandolero

Re: Paper question

Postby JMoney7269 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:09 am

RWBTEX wrote:Ah now I know why the lobes, err the u-joints on my truck's driveshaft went flat, lmaorof..

really good advice Justin.

I bought a "white" roll from Sams' I swear I can taste the paper although others say dont

Joke about the oil but it's a perfect simile for the situation. Papers burning point starts around 425 degrees so it's fine to cook with. I do agree with the white bleached paper taste as I have bad several people email me about tasting paper. I don't use bleached coffee filters either. I have never experienced that phenomena with the brown FDA approved stuff. Hey if people don't mind petroleum oil from the corrigation process and glues and whatever else is on paper bags , go for it!
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
RangerJ
Rustler

Postby RangerJ » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:55 am

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/gordon-pap ... /200713.ip

FDA Approved. Available at most Sams. My only recommendation would be to find the 24 inch version. I do dozens of briskets per month and it makes life a lot easier when time to wrap. Yes, it will get wet and tear, its paper.

A friend brought me some peach paper I experimented with last weekend

I did not realize it was "treated" but I must say, the bark improved and it did not tear as easily as the white stuff. Really liked it.
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Amazon sells BBQ pink butcher paper just enter that in the search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
papajim
Wrangler

Postby papajim » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 pm

I started this awhile back so I will update it. I took JMoney's advice about the butcher paper. Ordered mine (24"X 1000' brown non-waxed') from pospaper along with the cutter. I guess the volume of orders must have slowed down shipping along with the holidays falling in there after my order was received. Anyway, can't give a thumbs up yet because have not had the opportunity to use it. If JMoney recommends it,it has to be good. Best advice can give at the moment. My banker is a cooker, so he might give me a brisket loan. Late Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year.
P.S. Anyone cooking at the Shotgun Fred cook-off Huntsville Tx.

I'm not perfect... just like to give my .02 on the internet

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”