competion this weekend need good rib rub

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

southern pride bbq USER_AVATAR
Southern Pride BBQ
Bandolero

Re: competion this weekend need good rib rub

Postby Southern Pride BBQ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:59 am

txsmkmstr wrote:
david@fngsmokers wrote:Making some pork spare ribs for comp this weekend need recipe for good pork spare ribs

Funny thing... If you're ready for a "comp" then one must assume you've already been showered with compliments from family and friends about how good your "Q" is - therefore you already have a winner.

If turning in a winning rib was solely about the "good rib rub" then everyone would be using the same thing. Out of respect for the forum sponsor's I won't mention what I have experience with, which friends and family think is great - I don't compete. Serving the ultimate rib has a lot less to do with the rub than it does with (1) knowing your pit, (2) knowing your meat and (3) knowing when the combination of the two produces a product you're proud to share with anyone.

Best of luck in your search for the ultimate rub - we all want that.... or already have it.

:chef:

One of the best replies ive seen to date.....very well said.....
Southern Pride BBQ Cooking Team, Waco TX

IF you can't Barbeque with the big dogs, stay on the Porch !!!

Now, I'm gonna put this charcoal in a nice Geometrical shape, called a PILE......
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Re: competion this weekend need good rib rub

Postby cowboydon » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:22 pm

+1 on the reply - Start with S&P and see how that goes, maybe add some GP - Thats all Franklins uses and he is #1 in Texas BBQ.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”