Looking for a good competition in Western New York/PA

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steveblount USER_AVATAR
steveblount
Pilgrim

Looking for a good competition in Western New York/PA

Postby steveblount » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:56 am

Since I keep going down to Texas to compete I think it's about time for my buddies to come up here and throw down with me! Anyone know of the best comps in Western New York (Buffalo/Rochester area) to compete in? KCBS events are fine...we like those now. :^)
RangerJ
Rustler

Re: Looking for a good competition in Western New York/PA

Postby RangerJ » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey Steve,

Congrats on that GC in Bedford for you fella's! I strolled by about 4AM and it looked like a good time was had in your cooking area.

My suggestion would be to keep track of www.kcbs.us and click on the "events" tab. That is going to give you a comprehensive list of cook offs. The season is short in the NE due to the weather but there are quite few events. Obviously driving to a different state to compete up there is a bit different then down here but if you look at the surrounding area / states, I think you will find a target rich environment.

I have no idea if there are other organizations up there but there are quite few good cook offs and some really good KCBS teams up there.

Good luck and hopefully you guys will be back in Bedford next year to defend the crown.

Wes
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:47 pm

How bout th New England bbq society......its mostly KCBS..
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Steve - I cant offer any help on comps up that way, but if you are cooking yours wings at any point during the event - ole Cowboydon may just grab a pit stool and visit you for a bit, the wings are that good my brutha. Got to spend some time with Jamie and Jason yesterday at the Camp Craig Allen cook.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
steveblount USER_AVATAR
steveblount
Pilgrim

Postby steveblount » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:03 pm

cowboydon wrote:Steve - I cant offer any help on comps up that way, but if you are cooking yours wings at any point during the event - ole Cowboydon may just grab a pit stool and visit you for a bit, the wings are that good my brutha. Got to spend some time with Jamie and Jason yesterday at the Camp Craig Allen cook.

Don if you ever wanna pull up a pit stool I'll whip up wings like they were going out of style! Glad you liked them, brother. I'll make sure and do some more at Bedford next year! :)
steveblount USER_AVATAR
steveblount
Pilgrim

Postby steveblount » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 pm

RangerJ wrote:Hey Steve,

Congrats on that GC in Bedford for you fella's! I strolled by about 4AM and it looked like a good time was had in your cooking area.

My suggestion would be to keep track of http://www.kcbs.us" target="_blank and click on the "events" tab. That is going to give you a comprehensive list of cook offs. The season is short in the NE due to the weather but there are quite few events. Obviously driving to a different state to compete up there is a bit different then down here but if you look at the surrounding area / states, I think you will find a target rich environment.

I have no idea if there are other organizations up there but there are quite few good cook offs and some really good KCBS teams up there.

Good luck and hopefully you guys will be back in Bedford next year to defend the crown.

Wes

Thanks for the info, Wes. I must have just missed ya at 4:00 am! :) We will definitely be at Bedford next year. Love to be able to meet you!

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”