"State Championship" Designation

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

geeksmoke USER_AVATAR
GeekSmoke
Rustler

"State Championship" Designation

Postby GeekSmoke » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:32 pm

What does the State Championship designation mean for an LSBS event? I couldn't find an explanation on their website.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-John 15:13
"Who is John Galt?"-Ayn Rand
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."-Adam Savage
BigDave
Bandolero

Re: "State Championship" Designation

Postby BigDave » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:33 am

It means that cookoff has a proclamation from the state that says it is a State champeenship to go along with thirty or so others in Texas! If'n the cook is 25 teams or more and ya win it, you can git yore name in the Jack draw. 1 chance in 30 of gettin drawn but it is a chance. Then yore team name goes in the big pot and ya have a chance of 1 in 300 or so. But is is betta than no chance! :) Think a first year cook only has to have 15 teams and second year has to have at least 25 teams.
geeksmoke USER_AVATAR
GeekSmoke
Rustler

Re: "State Championship" Designation

Postby GeekSmoke » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:50 am

Thanks BigDave.

I was wondering why there were so many state champianships. I thought it had to do with COTY, but what you said makes more since.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-John 15:13
"Who is John Galt?"-Ayn Rand
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."-Adam Savage

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”