Pinto beans

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Re: Pinto beans

Postby 3 star redneck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 pm

FYI...remember in sanctioned events "beans" can be cooked with anything you want, but in the turn in cup, nuthing can be bigger than a "bean"..... :mrgreen:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
rwbtex USER_AVATAR
RWBTEX
Outlaw

Postby RWBTEX » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Cilantro toward the end of the cook. I use the bushel in half wire tied for just a little while then pull it out completely, just for the flavor. Nothing larger than the beans in IBCA rules anyway, why take the chance. I dq'd like 6 entries in two rounds this past weekend, why oh why cooks dont pay attn at the cook meeting is beyond my understanding, just dont get it.
SMOKIN' LONESTAR BBQ TEAM
on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SmokinLonestar/
Hasty Bake Legacy
Pitts and spitts 24x48 stick burner
Napoleon Kettle
Weber bronze kettle
Traeger Pellet Pro 34
PK Grill for steak comps and fajitas at home
and then some
Chitlins Rule
Wrangler

Postby Chitlins Rule » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 am

Yea Big Dave the trophies are still the same, very nice, I appreciate the ideas regarding beans, and believe me I'll try anything. Maybe just dump out a can or two of ranch style, rinse, add a little broth, done, 15 minute beans, saves a lot of time. Thanks everyone and Big Dave I apoligize for my sarcasm, and will kindly take your advice sir, you have a very good since of humor.
rsfisher4
Rustler

Postby rsfisher4 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Chitlins...do you know how to check your PMs? I sent you one a couple of weeks ago. Please contact me. :)

And the rest of you....play nice! :laughing7:
Pit Boss of The Redneck Cooking Crew
and The Redneck Cooking Crew's Pit Master's
best half.
rsfisher4
Rustler

Postby rsfisher4 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Chitlins Rule wrote:Yea Big Dave the trophies are still the same, very nice, I appreciate the ideas regarding beans, and believe me I'll try anything. Maybe just dump out a can or two of ranch style, rinse, add a little broth, done, 15 minute beans, saves a lot of time. Thanks everyone and Big Dave I apoligize for my sarcasm, and will kindly take your advice sir, you have a very good since of humor.

I wish it was that easy! You can't use canned beans. Gotta start with dry pintos, but I guess some people do cheat. Or are you being funny? :upside:
best half.
Chitlins Rule
Wrangler

Postby Chitlins Rule » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Yea fisher that was a smart butt remark with my attempt to be funny regarding canned beans, and yes sir, I thought I sent you a reply on your pm board.
BigDave
Bandolero

Postby BigDave » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Chitlins Rule wrote:Yea Big Dave the trophies are still the same, very nice, I appreciate the ideas regarding beans, and believe me I'll try anything. Maybe just dump out a can or two of ranch style, rinse, add a little broth, done, 15 minute beans, saves a lot of time. Thanks everyone and Big Dave I apoligize for my sarcasm, and will kindly take your advice sir, you have a very good since of humor.

Well glad to hear they still have those trophies. We got one for 1st place ribs! :D :D They are nice.

Now back to them beans. Be sure that stock has some garlic & onyawn & a little chili powder. Not too much chili powder. You don't want spicey beans. I think there is a song in there somewhere! :D
Chitlins Rule
Wrangler

Postby Chitlins Rule » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:03 am

10-4 on the stock idea Big Dave :lol:
rsfisher4
Rustler

Postby rsfisher4 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 am

Chitlins Rule wrote:Yea fisher that was a smart butt remark with my attempt to be funny regarding canned beans, and yes sir, I thought I sent you a reply on your pm board.

:dont: I don't seem to have it in my "new messages". Must be something on my end. Could you try again? :?
best half.

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”