Cooker help

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bigoar USER_AVATAR
Bigoar
Pilgrim

Cooker help

Postby Bigoar » Wed May 25, 2011 9:37 pm

What kind of setup do you use at an IBCA cookoff for two teams?
I know the rules say one cooker per pit,but I was at a cookoff where two teams were cooking together in the same area with a trailer mounted rig(offset smoker and seperate chicken cooker). I did not really pay a lot of attention,but my son wants to cook next time so I need to know how to get around taking two rigs.
I have an rf and use a UDS for chicks. Would this count as two pits?
Please help so we can go to some events together.
cj8tk USER_AVATAR
cj8tk
Rustler

Re: Cooker help

Postby cj8tk » Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Me and Amber cook on two separate pits mounted on one trailer. She cooks on a small vertical insulated smoker mounted on the front of the trailer and I cook on the Jambo. I am not sure what most are doing but I am sure the uds would be fine as the second smoker. I do not think you would be able to cook your chicken on the uds. At least that is the way I understand the rule.
FULL MOON BBQ
Stumps 223
Stumps Baby
Jambo
UDS
mw
Pilgrim

Re: Cooker help

Postby mw » Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 pm

From IBCA rules:

3. ENTRIES PER PIT — IBCA recognizes only one entry (one chief cook) will cook on a given pit. It will be the responsibility of the promoter to monitor entries. Notwithstanding, multiple entries in the same category by the same cook and multiple entries from the same piece of meat shall not be allowed.

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”