Funny Daughter story

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Funny Daughter story

Postby copkid » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:51 am

Today, at lunch, I refused to cook, and made my older kids fend for themselves in the kitchen. My daughter, 12 yrs, decided to make tomato soup. After awhile, she said, 'Mom, this soup is really thick, I can't seem to get it hot enough!' I looked and she was attempting to make a can of condensed tomato soup, in all its PLAIN glory! I laughed and told her she might want to add a can of milk....... :shock: :lol:
All day, I've been asking her how she likes her soup..................... :lol: :twisted:
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:00 am

That's a good one. :D It made me think back when my kids were growing up and some of the things they did. Now as I have gotten older and they have grown and moved away, these type of stories bring on a smile and a chuckle. They grow up too fast. :( Although while they are growing up, it's not fast enough and at times you wonder if they will ever come around. :D
Jim
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:57 am

I was a top notch Chicken Noodle soup maker at my house! I think its good for the kids to appreciate what you go thorugh to feed them, way to go!
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:52 pm

When my son was 2, my wife and I were still asleep in our bed on a Saturday morning. We hear alot of racket in the kitchen, so I jump up out of bed and run in there.

Well, there is our son in the kitchen with a glass in the middle of the floor. He had tried to pour orange juice in the glass, but most of the orange juice was all over the kitchen floor. He had pulled a skillet out of the dishwasher and cracked eggs all over the skillet, stove top and floor. Luckily, he couldn't reach the knobs on the stove!

I was a total disaster in the kitchen. When I saw it, I blew up. I was soooo mad, but I saw him and his big eyes looking up at me. I melted.

I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was hungry and wanted breakfast, but didn't want to wake us up. :lol: At this point, all I could do is give him a big hug and laugh at the stiuation. And I still laugh at it to this day...
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”