Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

OkieGal
Rustler

Re: Mid-Day Lunch Juggle

Postby OkieGal » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
OkieGal wrote:
1MoreFord wrote:
OkieGal wrote:That looks great! I especially like the look of Sherry's taters. :D

If you have a Kroger nearby you can buy a similar frozen product there ready to cook.
https://www.kroger.com/p/kroger-potatoe ... ult_search

I like a bit more onion and pepper so I supplement with some of the following.
https://www.kroger.com/search?query=pic ... llment=all

I am just now seeing this. Now we're talkin! I usually just peel taters and fry them up with onions, similar to OUP's - but as mentioned
before - I am all about the shortcuts! LOL We don't have Krogers here, but I have seen the OBrien potatoes in other brands.
I will have to give them a try, thanks. :D

This one will probably get me kicked out of the club :shock: ... but I really like the Bob Evans mashed potatoes in the refrigerated section.
Some years ago, I bought a Kitchen Aid Professional mixer, and later a potato ricer - all in the name of making THE BEST mashed taters
for our Holiday meals. Then we (actually Mom) discovered Bob Evans. We both agree we can't do better than that, so we just get the
big tubs, doctor them up with butter and S&P and call it done! I do put forth more effort on the entrée and desserts, but the older I get,
the less I like spending time on the mundane things. :dont: :laughing7:

Don't tell a soul but we like the Bob Evans, too.

When we mash taters, we don't worry about lumps. Always add butter, some cheese, sour cream and green onion. Sometimes more. I guess you'd call them Loaded.

Definitely loaded! They sound great! :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Mid-Day Lunch Juggle

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:05 pm

Add some crumbled Bacon and it's the same Mashed Spuds that we do also :wav:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”