Homemade Jalapeno Jelly

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Homemade Jalapeno Jelly

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:13 am

I finally ran out of Jalapeno Jelly, thanks to the Wife who had lately discovered Nachos from Jalapeno Jelly and Monterey Jack Chez. She just had me fix her a plate for her Breakfast this morning :laughing7: :roll: :dont: :laughing7:

I tweeked the Recipe a tad and got 7 jars instead of the usual 5. I know the taste is OK but won't know about the gel-set (texture) until I open one after the lids pop.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Re: Homemade Jalapeno Jelly

Postby tex_toby » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Oh yeaaa! :cheers: :wav:
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:52 pm

I am intrigued.

They look good; does this have a sweet heat flavor?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 am

Sailor Mam, it's definitely SWEET and ALMOST NO HEAT - - - my Wife Loves it and she can't stand ANY Heat or Spicyness .
OF COURSE I remove the stemtops, seeds and veins before pureeing them. Sometimes I even boil them for 3 min before pureeing. Silicone gloves are a must when getting the Jalapenos ready and a teaspoon is the perfect seed vein shovel.

I'll send Y'all a jar if you would like ? Just PM me your shipping address and as soon as I find some bubble wrap and have time to get to the P.O. I'll give it to the Pony Express Rider. :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:54 am

FWIW - - https://www.freshpreservinguk.co.uk/rec ... lly-recipe

I tweeked the above recipe and used 15 Jalapenos but NO green food coloring - - - the jalapeno color stands on it's Own (IMHO)
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:27 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sailor Mam, it's definitely SWEET and ALMOST NO HEAT - - - my Wife Loves it and she can't stand ANY Heat or Spicyness .
OF COURSE I remove the stemtops, seeds and veins before pureeing them. Sometimes I even boil them for 3 min before pureeing. Silicone gloves are a must when getting the Jalapenos ready and a teaspoon is the perfect seed vein shovel.

I'll send Y'all a jar if you would like ? Just PM me your shipping address and as soon as I find some bubble wrap and have time to get to the P.O. I'll give it to the Pony Express Rider. :lol:

Really? We would be delighted! Thanks.

Incoming...
Moink!
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:13 am

We interrupt this jelly to confirm that it is DELICIOUS.

Thanks, OUP! :salut: :rose: :wav:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:35 am

Y'all are very Welcome - - - ENJOY :wav:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:26 am

Jalapeno jelly is awesome. Reminds me of making another batch.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:06 pm

Sending that Jelly to Y'all was kinda of a pay back for Y'all turning me onto "the Inversion Blender". A few years back we were learning how to make Sooner Sauce (Jalapeno Sauce) and Sailor mentioned how handy her Hand Blender was in preparing that kind of stuff. Well, I picked ONE up and soon found that it was also PERFECT for the Puree Process in Jalapeno Jelly. Especially since I want my Jelly clear and not with pepper pieces. (just cause I likes it that way)

So thanks Sailor and Professor :wav:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:18 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sending that Jelly to Y'all was kinda of a pay back for Y'all turning me onto "the Inversion Blender". A few years back we were learning how to make Sooner Sauce (Jalapeno Sauce) and Sailor mentioned how handy her Hand Blender was in preparing that kind of stuff. Well, I picked ONE up and soon found that it was also PERFECT for the Puree Process in Jalapeno Jelly. Especially since I want my Jelly clear and not with pepper pieces. (just cause I likes it that way)

So thanks Sailor and Professor :wav:

:rose:
Moink!

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”