Jalapeno jelly

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Jalapeno jelly

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 am

Since it's pouring down outside all day today I figured I could spend some time in the kitchen. Wanted to make jalapeno jelly which I've never done before.

Chopped jalapenos and bell peppers in the food processor. The machine is very convenient since the motor is recessed in the kitchen counter. No hassle with big machines. Just take off the lid and attach the equipment you will use.

Boiled the veggies with whitewine vinegar, sugar and a little salt and pectin (certo).

Tasted great. Think this will be great with a lot of grilled meat, crackers with bluecheese and more.

Fonzie isn't fond of veggies so he decided to sleep around my feet so I had to tiptoe around his nose.

Anybody knowing the shelf life for this, stored cool?ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Jalapeno jelly

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Don't have a clue as to the shelf life for that process. I use a boiling water canning process and jars with lids that have rubber seals and rings that screw down and tighten. I'm sure that the shelf life is many months if done correctly. :dont:

https://www.freshpreserving.com/jalapen ... r1247.html
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Yes. I also dropped the jars in boiling water for 10 minutes.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:31 pm

:tup: I guess those rubber rings act the same as the ones on the lids I use :scratch: :dont:

As far as shelf life goes for my Jelly and Salsa, it doesn't last long enuff to spoil, especially if my kids come over and see it in the pantry. :laughing7: :lol: :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:34 am

I found this. Think it's safe for at least a year. The pectin I added contained preservatives so that should help too.Image

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:26 am

Thanks, I think we're safe from spoilage as much as we enjoy the Product :tup: :salut:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”