Coney Island Rippers

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Coney Island Rippers

Postby woodenvisions » Mon May 06, 2019 8:59 pm

So I've been being slowly tortured on here lately watching a handful of you Rip some Weiners and I couldn't handle another drooling Ripper post without getting my fix !
Usually 9 out of 10 times I'll go for the Sabrett but knowing that we had a house full coming this past weekend ( 28 adults and 11 kids ) I wanted to play it safe and go with some Dogs that didn't have as much Garlic because of the kids, some of them a bit on the picky side. So I went with my second favorite, Nathan's All Beef 5/1 Dogs .

Heated up some Coconut Oil in the Cast and Ripped a couple before laying them in the Lightly Mayo'd Broiler Charred Buns.
Grabbed some Brown Mustard, Chopped up a Sweet Onion and plopped a pile of Wickles Sweet & Spicy Relish on them and now I've got a big smile so tonight's agenda is now complete

DSC_0054~2.jpg
DSC_0055~2.jpg
DSC_0056~2.jpg
DSC_0057~2.jpg
DSC_0058~2.jpg
DSC_0059~2.jpg
DSC_0060~2.jpg
DSC_0061~2.jpg
DSC_0062~2.jpg
Last edited by woodenvisions on Mon May 06, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Coney Island Rippers

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Those look fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon May 06, 2019 9:07 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Those look fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir !

It's technically NOT a true Coney Dog because in Brooklyn they actually use a " Meat Sauce " on them, but at least I used the same Dogs " Nathan's " so it's close.
They also do not use these monster 5/1's
I think they are closer to 8/1's but I like these better for Rippin...
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue May 07, 2019 7:05 am

Rippin'! I like the Wickles idea, too.

I think PB used to know a Nathan offspring....
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue May 07, 2019 7:09 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Rippin'! I like the Wickles idea, too.

I think PB used to know a Nathan offspring....
Yeah, you and PB are right in the Coney Heartland .
Wickles definitely goes great with Brown Mustard and Raw Onions
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 07, 2019 8:14 am

Yesiree, OH how I wish I could find some Sabretts - - it was you and Sooner that got me hooked and googling these originally and then I saw that Shotgun Red Video with the Bacon wrapping - - - either process takes Dawgs to a complete different level so Thanks again - - - these look Awesome, Pocono Pal :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue May 07, 2019 8:21 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Yesiree, OH how I wish I could find some Sabretts - - it was you and Sooner that got me hooked and googling these originally and then I saw that Shotgun Red Video with the Bacon wrapping - - - either process takes Dawgs to a complete different level so Thanks again - - - these look Awesome, Pocono Pal :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:
Emm, these were the brothers of the Sabrett. I imagine you can find Nathan's dogs a lot easier near you.They are just as good Imho.
Thx brother
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 07, 2019 10:43 am

I'll keep looking and thanks for the option :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Tue May 07, 2019 11:38 am

Great looking Rippers, WV. :cheers: :chef:

I spent alot of time in Coney Island as a kid & frequented the original Nathan's alot. As SK mentioned, I went to Jr HS with a kid who was something like 4th generation of the founder of Nathan's. I think even back then that family had sold off the main business but this kid's grandparents still operated the bumper car ride next door.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue May 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Professor Bunky wrote:Great looking Rippers, WV. :cheers: :chef:

I spent alot of time in Coney Island as a kid & frequented the original Nathan's alot. As SK mentioned, I went to Jr HS with a kid who was something like 4th generation of the founder of Nathan's. I think even back then that family had sold off the main business but this kid's grandparents still operated the bumper car ride next door.
Love the history of Luna Park.
I've obviously never been there when it was originally opened and up and running, but I'd really like to go there now with my wife and Son just to see the area along the water with the re done Luna Park.
I'm sure that park has lots of great stories hidden in it's past PB and SK...
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Tue May 07, 2019 6:47 pm

woodenvisions wrote:

I've obviously never been there when it was originally opened and up and running, but I'd really like to go there now with my wife and Son just to see the area along the water with the re done Luna Park.

I didn't even know that there was a new Luna park in Coney Island. Obviously, the original one was a bit before my time. :lol:
However, when I was a kid, Steeplechase Park was still in operation, as well as the original Parachute Jump ride (from the 1939 NY World's Fair).
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue May 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Professor Bunky wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:

I didn't even know that there was a new Luna park in Coney Island. Obviously, the original one was a bit before my time.
However, when I was a kid, Steeplechase Park was still in operation, as well as the original Parachute Jump ride (from the 1939 NY World's Fair).
From what I've heard it is fairly new.
I would have loved to have gone to Steeplechase

Lots of great places around that area just like South Jersey.
When I was a kid, my Mom and Dad would pile all 9 of us kids in the family wagon and go to Brigantine Nj to the Haunted Brigantine Castle.
I'm sure Smo Pin will remember that place
I still remember the TV advertisement like it was yesterday.
Too bad a " fire " took the place out....

https://youtu.be/JPU5UlAlCho
denrob19
Pilgrim

Postby denrob19 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:50 am

Looking good. :cheers:
In need of tonneau cover to secure my mobile pit. Any suggestions?

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”