Spoiled on a sunday

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Spoiled on a sunday

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:02 am

My wife baked a batch of "skolebroed" today. Translated to "school bread". Fresh pastries of yeastdough is my favourite bakery.

The name is from the 50s when they was placed in the children's school lunch as a treat. Couldn't do that today when they're not allowed to consume soda or candy at the school.

This is sweet rolls (dough of yeast) filled with custard and icing dipped in shredded coconut.

Here's a recipe similar to my wife's if you would make it (too long to write from the phone):

http://www.northwildkitchen.com/skolebo ... gian-buns/
ImageImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Last edited by Norway Joe on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Spoiled on a sunday

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:51 am

Purdy little things aren't they ? They look delicious also and I may try and surprised the Wiffy with some of those soon. Thanks for the Recipe :salut: only thing I may tweek would be brown sugar and cinnamon instead of Coconut.

Pretty obvious why the School doesn't want the Kiddos eating Sugar while they're trying to get them to sit still and learn. :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:04 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Purdy little things aren't they ? They look delicious also and I may try and surprised the Wiffy with some of those soon. Thanks for the Recipe :salut: only thing I may tweek would be brown sugar and cinnamon instead of Coconut.

Pretty obvious why the School doesn't want the Kiddos eating Sugar while they're trying to get them to sit still and learn. :laughing7:
But then you would make cinnamon buns:

http://thanksforthefood.com/norwegian-kanelboller/

These are very different from the sweet cinnamon thing you find on breakfast buffets on American hotels. They are not made of yeast dough.Image

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:19 am

"Yeast" - - yup, I got that - - - kinda like what we call Dinner Roll dough that rises before kneading and shaping :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:22 pm

good looking deserts :chef:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis