His'n and Her'n Rippers

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: His'n and Her'n Rippers

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:52 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Pocono Pal, I just now saw the Video :laughing7: :D :salut: :cheers:
FWIW, the "ONLY" time I use Catsup is when making my Shrimp Cocktail Sauce and NEVER on a Dawg or Sammich. :whiteflag:
Mornin buddy

Its all good, deep down I'm not the guy to say what should and shouldn't be put on or in food. I just enjoy watching how passionate people are when it comes to food. Examples that are great are the whole beans in chili, ketchup on hotdogs, and another is the whole Italian Hotdog thing up here in Jersey.
No lie, I witnessed what was for sure gonna be an old school fist fight between two guys arguing over the ( bread ) being used for one.
Now, in the one guys defense, yes...the Pita is traditional but I've seen them on Hotdog rolls and even Sourdough but C'MON GUYS......It's a #&;:#!÷= Hot Dog !!!!....Grow Up lol..

When I was running the cart, I always had Ketchup/Catsup there for anyone that wanted it. It was and still is Big with the kids and if that's what they like, good on them
I used to laugh at one guy that was good for stopping by 4 out of the 6 days for some dogs.
He was straight from the Bronx. I knew it the very first time he showed up. He grilled me and questioned me like I was on trial for Treason....

Are you sure these are Real Sabrettes??

Are these Skinless or Natural Casing Sabrettes ??

Are you sure this is Real Sabrette Red Onion Sauce ??

Is this Sauerkraut Sabrette Sauerkraut ??

I hope you don't use Yellow Mustard..Brown is the right Mustard to use...

Now, keep in mind this is how he approached me..., no hello or anything !!
Part of me wanted to tell him to Take A Hike, but I didn't take it personal because it was a Business and that kind of stuff goes with the territory.
So,instead of answering a single question, I broke the ice by doing two things..

I answered him by saying...

Soooo, what borough of NYC are you from ? And then handed him a Mustard and Kraut Dog and said...This one is on me......Waited for him to take a bite, realize it had " the snap " and process what he was tasting and said to him...... Did I pass ???

Lol, we hit it off great from there on out.
He would come in often during the week and sometimes bring his son which was hilarious. He would give ME the old stink eye when his son would ask for Ketchup. He would just shake his head and ask his son how he could ruin a hotdog with Ketchup ? Would tell him Ketchup is for Hamburgers..

Anyways, I thought it was funny what you said about the Catsup so I figured I'd tell you that funny story.
I miss the customers most of all, good memories.

Yep, the food debates will live longer than Cockroaches and Twinkies
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:38 am

I love good stories from people's past life, Expecially, if they grew up in a different locale - - - - I agree that when it comes to cooking, nothing is sacred - - - - WELL, nothing except "BOILING RIBS" :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: luv ya Russ :whiteflag:

BUMP: BTW, I'll be all over this suggestion the next time we use the Kraut. :tup: :salut:
woodenvisions wrote:Next time you use kraut, drain the kraut good and add some of your favorite beer to it and simmer it on the stove top before you eat it.
Used to use this method every day for 4 years with the hotdog cart.
It was good stuff..

ChefPointingUp.jpeg
ChefPointingUp.jpeg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:47 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I love good stories from people's past life, Expecially, if they grew up in a different locale - - - - I agree that when it comes to cooking, nothing is sacred - - - - WELL, nothing except "BOILING RIBS" :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: luv ya Russ :whiteflag:
UmmmImage
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:31 am

right up there with the fist fight, try putting mayo on a dog in our house... (closest I ever got to havin my clock cleaned, by the wife) round here is mustard, on dogs, bologna, & hamburgers, I wish I had a video of when our new son in law, was here and put mustard and ketchup on a burger.. :laughing7: :laughing7:
when it comes to food my wife definitely is opinionated.. :P :P
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:14 pm

spacetrucker wrote:right up there with the fist fight, try putting mayo on a dog in our house... (closest I ever got to havin my clock cleaned, by the wife) round here is mustard, on dogs, bologna, & hamburgers, I wish I had a video of when our new son in law, was here and put mustard and ketchup on a burger.. :laughing7: :laughing7:
when it comes to food my wife definitely is opinionated.. :P
That's hysterical spacetrucker !
It's funny you mention Mayo on a hotdog. I had a friend from Ecuador that always told me how he loved Mayo on a hotdog.
So one day when nobody was looking, I quickly swiped some Mayo across my hotdog and it was definitely different.
I didn't hate it or love it. I was kinda of neutral towards it.
I'm fascinated at how different cultures and regions vary. I'm always open minded, I'll try " just about " anything once before I lower the gavil.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:17 pm

So basically when the wife gave you that “you’re doing what to that hot dog?” Look you blamed me… :)

I’m honored, been blamed for much worse.

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:22 pm

bsooner75 wrote:So basically when the wife gave you that “you’re doing what to that hot dog?” Look you blamed me… :)
I’m honored, been blamed for much worse.
Looks good!

And some things you don't even know about ?yet? :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 pm

In most instances, those that boil ribs lose ALL credibility. Fortunately, Russ has gone on to prove himself on many occasions (except for rib boiling), therefore, this serious offense has been transformed into a moment where we can all get in some proverbial "target practice". 8) :laughing7:
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Knowing OF COURSE that Pardnah Russ also has the right to return fire,
THEREFORE, the initial "FIRE'E" must be prepared for any Ricochets
and Cook accordingly.

NeenerNeener.gif
NeenerNeener.gif (2.47 MiB) Viewed 1997 times
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:52 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Knowing OF COURSE that Pardnah Russ also has the right to return fire,
THEREFORE, the initial "FIRE'E" must be prepared for any Ricochets
and Cook accordingly.

NeenerNeener.gif

Haaahahahahahaaaaa!!!!
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”