Comparism of different Sous Vide Times

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Comparism of different Sous Vide Times

Postby daBertl » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 am

These days I wanted to know, what difference it is between twoandahalf and threeandahalf hours Sous Vide at 54 degrees Celsius. So I took two parts of the same Ribeye and we made it one day 2,5 and the next day 3,5 h.
I didn´t believe that the difference is so big. The 1 hour more makes the steak tender as a Sirloin Steak but the taste of a real steak is better at 2,5 h.
So my conclusion is that it is up to the taste of the one who makes the steak :dont: :lol:

First day, 2,5 hours at 54 degrees Celsius. We thougt we bought some sweet potatoes, but is was everything else but not Sweet potatoes. :lol: But it was tasty also :banghead: :mrgreen:

The next day I took real potatoes and some shrimps wrapped in potatoe stripes. That is convenience food of asian shop, but I like it very much

My small Supergirl loves the fermented Pepper as we do :D

Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
tri3forme USER_AVATAR
tri3forme
Rustler

Re: Comparism of different Sous Vide Times

Postby tri3forme » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:17 pm

Nice job! If only the internet could provide smells that go with your pictures!
You seem to have every kitchen gadget known to man....including that salamander! I want one of those.

Question on that shrimp....did you fry that shrimp and potato thing? It looks delicious and may be something I'll have to try at home. What did you use to get that shoestring potato shape and how did they not break when you wrapped the shrimp?
I don't eat to live....I live to eat
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Re: Comparism of different Sous Vide Times

Postby daBertl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:47 am

tri3forme wrote:
Question on that shrimp....did you fry that shrimp and potato thing? It looks delicious and may be something I'll have to try at home. What did you use to get that shoestring potato shape and how did they not break when you wrapped the shrimp?

I bought these rolls in an asian shop. They are frozen and ready to deepfry. I wanted to try them because I had the same questions in my mind :D
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”