Back to the basics: chicken fried steak!

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Back to the basics: chicken fried steak!

Postby Txdragon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:09 am

Stress of this week coupled with bad weather has called for a good comfort meal. I purchased a whole sirloin from Sam's and broke it down. Here I have some steaks laid out for some serious 1 on 1 time with the perforator!
20180922_083654.jpg

After a few minutes of agression-releasing fun, they soon discovered their ultimate purpose!
20180922_084131.jpg

Here's where I need to pause. I've got to run to the store and grab a few things. They are going to get a soak in some buttermilk and hot sauce for a few hours before cooking. To be served along beside them will be some mashed taters with cream gravy and some corn. Dessert will be a homemade strawberry cobbler.
To be continued!!
(Insert witty signature here)
rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

Re: Back to the basics: chicken fried steak!

Postby rexster314 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Dayum, how many people are you feeding?
Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:29 pm

rexster314 wrote:Dayum, how many people are you feeding?

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:46 pm

All nestled now in a buttermilk/hot sauce bath. About 4 hours, this will be good stuff!
20180922_134420.jpg
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Soooooo sorry I couldn't get the update on this. It turned out awesome. I had a quick errand to run before it was finished and my car broke down. After all was said and done, turns out I need to rebuild my head. My timing belt slipped and i bent some valves. Eh, Honda's disposable and easy to maintain. 200 bucks and about 4 hours worth of work will get her back on the road good as new.
Anyhow.. I'll have to recreate this particular meal so I can finish the post. Lol!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:46 pm

OUCH - - - - first for the Malfunction Junction and secondly for the lack of a final Pic. :roll: :( Better luck next time :tup: :salut: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:55 am

OldUsedParts wrote:OUCH - - - - first for the Malfunction Junction and secondly for the lack of a final Pic. :roll: :( Better luck next time :tup: :salut: :chef:

It's not too big a deal but it kinda is. We're going to be moving soon so the timing is impeccable.. Closing on the new house this Monday and start moving then. Means I have to get my car going before then, lest I want to trailer it with the Uhaul. That has "Nope" written all over it. Lol
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:00 am

:?: MOVING :?: "Someone shoot me please" :whiteflag: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Towing behinc the U-Haul is not the best choice. I moved my family back to Texas from Black Forest Colorado and towed my 3/4 ton PU with the driveshaft in the bed and the Ex right behind me so close that sometimes I could not see her in the mirrors. :laughing7: :laughing7: GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THIS, CHEF FRIEND :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”