Finally! Poppers

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Re: Finally! Poppers

Postby rms827 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Poppers look great. :salut: :cheers: :chef: :tup: As for the heat differences, you just never know with peppers.

Air fryers... I was an early adapter there, and I swear by the things. Almost anything that you could / would fry can go into one and you get the same flavor, nearly as fast a cook, and avoid all the fat and calories from oil. We upgraded ours to the Air Fryer Oven that's in the infomercials now. Bunky is right in that they're a glorified convection oven with even more air flow. That flow makes sure everything cooks evenly though. Between the Rec-Tec and the air fryer, the oven rarely gets turned on anymore, lol.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:52 pm

rms827 wrote:Poppers look great. :salut: :cheers: :chef: :tup: As for the heat differences, you just never know with peppers.

Air fryers... I was an early adapter there, and I swear by the things. Almost anything that you could / would fry can go into one and you get the same flavor, nearly as fast a cook, and avoid all the fat and calories from oil. We upgraded ours to the Air Fryer Oven that's in the infomercials now. Bunky is right in that they're a glorified convection oven with even more air flow. That flow makes sure everything cooks evenly though. Between the Rec-Tec and the air fryer, the oven rarely gets turned on anymore, lol.

Is that the one that sort of has shelves inside? It looked pretty cool. I'd have to hold myself back. ;)
Moink!
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
rms827 wrote:Poppers look great. :salut: :cheers: :chef: :tup: As for the heat differences, you just never know with peppers.

Is that the one that sort of has shelves inside? It looked pretty cool. I'd have to hold myself back. ;)

That's the one. It's awesome. My big gripe with the standard air fryer was I'd have to do fish sticks, then fries, half the food would be cold, etc... Now I can cook a whole meal at once if we're doing something simple like chicken strips and fries. :)

Worth every penny, but we got ours for half price at Bed Bath and Beyond on Black Friday :mrgreen:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:18 am

I'll take a few of those !!! :cheers: :salut:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”