Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

OUP, we're your ears ringing tonight ??

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 pm

Yo buddy,
Just got back from Joizey visiting my bro. He made what he calls Pheasant Poppers...

Well, it was a first for Deb and myself, but let me tell you this...
It WONT be our last, WOW we're they good. He sent us home with some, I'm gonna try to throw them on some smoke tomorrow. If I do, I'll post pics.

Also, he made different variations using Cranberry and Blueberry Goat Cheese. They were OOTW !!!
The Water Chestnuts add a great dimension to the texture.

I gave him two bottles of Sucklebusters SPG & Texas Pecan a while back, we used it and they were DELICIOUS !!

Try this ↓↓↓

Last edited by woodenvisions on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: OUP, we're your ears ringing tonight ??

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 am

Nice Pocono Pal :salut: - - - altho the ears ain't ringing - - - NOW my taste buds are singing - - - ain't it cool how different things can be incorporated along with jalapenos and bacon to create delicious grazin goodies ? :cheers: Pheasant is always a win win :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 am

Those look really good! I've never had pheasant before. Honestly, I'm not real big on game birds. I like some bacon wrapped quail or dove on occasion, but even those lose their luster with me quite quickly. Maybe I need something new? I'd surely try one of these!
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:27 am

I never cared for Pheasant under Glass but I do like Pheasant under Fork (mine that is) - - Chef Pal, I know from whence you're coming on the game birds - - if you're not careful they can get ultra dry and trash worthy - - :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 am

Kinda with y'all. Don't care for pheasant or duck, but throw some quail in a quick chicken fry for a few minutes and them smother them with cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup and throw them in the oven?? OMG And lets not forget about bacon wrapped dove breast grilled with some onions. That is the only hunting I do anymore. Won't eat the rest of it so I'm not going to kill it.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:57 am

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: that soupy way is the way I do deboned wild turkey meat - - yum yum yum :salut:

C of Celery is my preferred Campbells Can :tup:

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”