Sweet Ribs

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Sweet Ribs

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Been a LONG time since I've used this recipe, can't wait til game time tomorrow. We're going to a friend's house for the game, he's doing slow cooked Roast Beef, another guy is bringing Sausage and Peppers, another guy is bringing his ( Appetite and probably Take Home Containers ) cuz he's a MOOCH !!, Grrrrrrr.

Anyhow, we're taking 13 lbs of Rib End Pork Loin slow cooked ( in the oven ) this time at 200 for about 4.5 to 5 hrs.
Rubbed all of them with EVOO, then 1/2 of them with Sucklebusters Texas Pecan ( probably my favorite in the line up ) and the other 1/2 with a rub from Cabela's.
We tried this rub almost 18 years ago for the first time and fell in love with it. Gonna let them soak in the rubs overnight and tomorrow they will get a Heavy dose of Dark Brown Sugar, then topped with Lemon Slices before going in the oven for the cook.
Usually, I'd prefer the Akorn for the cooking method, but the oven method has proved worthy every time so far so the oven it is.
When these are done, they sit in a nice layer of liquid candy that has a subtle heat and can be spooned over them as you eat em :)

This is a first for the Texas Pecan in this recipe so it will be all new for us, but just the smell alone of this Texas Pecan drives me insane !

I'll share the verdict tomorrow before we leave, you know I need to " test " them to make sure they are safe for everyone first :):)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by woodenvisions on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Sweet Ribs

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:25 am

All that needs now is some smoking time and The :flag: National Anthem :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:16 am

I bet they are going to be good. :cheers: :salut: :cheers: :salut:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:17 am

One would definitely think that too Emm, But this is one of those ( inside ) recipes. I think I sent you a bottle of the Cabela's rub a few years back and I think you tried this recipe ?
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Sweet Ribs

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:20 am

Williep wrote:I bet they are going to be good. :cheers: :salut: :cheers: :salut:
For sure Williep, I've probably made these this way a good dozen times over the years. I'll get some good pics this afternoon when they come out, and after I put the Snow Blower away lol.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:18 am

woodenvisions wrote:One would definitely think that too Emm, But this is one of those ( inside ) recipes. I think I sent you a bottle of the Cabela's rub a few years back and I think you tried this recipe ?

Affirmative to the above :chef: , 'cept I used boneless Farmer's Cut Reebz (aka Chops) :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:46 am

Oooooo.....this looks goooooood! (Hey, this is a WV Creation so your 'mooch' might be on the right track...but I'd bring sides at łeast!)
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 am

OldUsedParts wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"]One would definitely think that too Emm, But this is one of those ( inside ) recipes. I think I sent you a bottle of the Cabela's rub a few years back and I think you tried this recipe ?

Affirmative to the above :chef: , 'cept I used boneless Farmer's Cut Reebz (aka Chops) :tup: :salut: :cheers:[/quote]Ahh, I thought so :)
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:06 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Oooooo.....this looks goooooood! (Hey, this is a WV Creation so your 'mooch' might be on the right track...but I'd bring sides at łeast!)
Hi Sailor,
Thank you for the kindness :)
As for the mooch...., I could tell you stories that would make ur head spin.

For zample,
A few weeks back I made 2 FULL trays of the ( Pigs in a Cornfield ), actually 1 with pork and the other with beef for work.
It fed about 20 people.

Long story short, I put them on the Sternos at 7:00 am. At 8:30 he was already eating a bowl. Always the FIRST one to eat ( Not much pi&$#s me off more than someone that thinks only of themselves. )

I said..Dave, that can't be hot yet ?...
He goes.., no but it's ok like this..

So, 30 minutes later, I go in to stir everything and he's on his SECOND bowl and nobody else ate yet.

So, I say ..Dave.., do me a favor and wait till everyone else gets some before you eat anymore..

He goes, yeah, ok..

Another 30 minutes goes by, and he's stuffing his face AGAIN.
Well, Now I'm Coming Undone...

I just shake my head, and take ALL OF THE FOOD and bring it up to the front counter with Clear instructions that HE is cut off..

This is just 1 zample, lol.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:24 am

There IN ! :):)ImageImageImage
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:45 am

GRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
envy-yoda.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:58 am

That settles it! We're doing these. Soon!
Moink!
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:01 pm

One way to deal with a mooch like that: A sign, " Do Not Touch Without Permission" and a High Voltage power supply hooked to the pan. :lol:

To be honest, with food like this it's hard to blame the guy. ;)

We're gonna have to try these ribs in our oven. They look great!

Enjoy the game today.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:27 pm

outlaw wrote:GRRRR!!!!!!!!!
What's funny is a guy from work started clowning around one day talking like this and it spread to a few of us. I thought I was immune to it till a few days later. Still, every now and again I find myself to him like this I talk.....lol, thanks for the laugh with that man :)
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:That settles it! We're doing these. Soon!
Honestly, this is the EASIEST rib recipe I've ever done. If you decide to give it a shot, you can order thier bottle on line because I'm sure you don't have a Cabela's anywheres near you ?
Big big mistake on the back of the bottles tho. It says in the oven at 250 4-6 hrs with Babybacks..

First time I did these, I checked at 4 hrs and they were WAY overcooked.

So now, I use these or Country Style instead of Babybacks for about 3-4 hrs.

Also, these will be Sweet in case you don't like sweet, just a heads up.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”