Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Italian Wedding Soup ..LOTS !

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:20 pm

325 hand rolled meatballs !!!
What were we thinking ??... Oh wait..., We Weren't lol.

5 lbs of 85/15 ground, 18 cups of Chicken Broth, 2 cups Beef Broth, and pretty much the Kitchen Sink for the rest of the ingredients...

Turned out great, now we have soup for the next week or so for lunch :)ImageImageImageImage
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: Italian Wedding Soup ..LOTS !

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 pm

With pics like that, you gotta spill it on this recipe!! This looks fantastic!
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 am

Looks great PoconoPal :tup: :salut: :cheers:

too bad someone had to go and spoil it with a Wedding :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:30 am

Txdragon wrote:With pics like that, you gotta spill it on this recipe!! This looks fantastic!

. X2 :salut: :salut: :salut:

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 am

More magnificent foodfotoz from WV! :salut: :cheers: :chef:

How did you know we were on a soup kick?
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:47 am

Dang. I am such a rookie. Where do I turn in my apron? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 am

just fold under and call it a loin cloth :whiteflag: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:08 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:just fold under and call it a loin cloth :whiteflag: :laughing7:

WV, Sooner, TX dragon, yourself, and so many others just make me sick with the great quality cooks and pics you provide.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 pm

well, thanks, I'm a very simple and limited cook where W V, T-Dragon and several others here are so broad in their varieties of dishes - - - they are very motivational as well - - - my excuse is "I need to get a life or learn how to fight boredom another way" :bow: :salut:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Thanks ladies and gents!
Sorry for the late response, couldn't reply from the road today, too many stops.
Outlaw, that's Jibberish, you hold on to that Apron buddy. And Emm, you aren't simple by any means. I think everyone on here gains alot from each other. I won't even attempt some of the cooks I see on here, too complex for me.Im trying to keep what hair I still have lol.

Remember, this is for a LARGE batch of soup. You might want to cut this in half ↓↓↓

As for the recipe, this is nothing set in stone, so you can alter it anyways you like. We despise chalky or dry meatballs in any form, so with 5 lbs of 85/15 Chuck, we mixed in ( 5 ) eggs 3 cups of seasoned bread crumbs, 2.5 cups of Whole Milk , 1 TB Black Pepper, 2 TB Sea Salt, 1& 1/2 cups Beef Broth,1 cup finely chopped Italian Parsley, 3 TB Italian Seasoning, 2.5 cups Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 TB Minced Garlic, 1/4 Cup of Fresh Rosemary, 2 TB of both Sage & Tyme, 1/4 Cup Red Pepper Flakes, 1/4 Cup SYM and a pinch of Nutmeg Powder.

Mixed it up well and sit down for the meatball rolling marathon, grrr. We did them a little smaller than a quarter in diameter.

For the soup,
Then winged it with the veggies, about 9 Cellery Stalks diced, 2 Yellow Onions diced, small bag of Carrots diced, 2 TB of Minced Garlic, 1/2 lb of Ham, diced up. 1/2 lb of Prosciutto diced, then sauteed everything above But the meatballs in Evoo for about 10 minutes.
Added about 18 cups of Chicken Broth to the veggies, bring to a slow boil, turn heat down to simmer and add Meatballs.
In about 8-10 minutes, they should float. Now add ur Spinach, whole leaves, not chopped. I used 4 cups , they wilted down just fine within minutes.
Last step is to get your ( creamy ) part of this soup by mixing 5 or 6 eggs with about 2 cups of Finely Grated Parmesan in a ( separate ) bowl. Whisk well.

When soup begins to cool slightly, slowly introduce the mixture to the soup and continually whisk till it's all evenly distributed.
I've only see this done once before, this was a first for us .

We love it, hopefully you all do too if u give it a shot.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 pm

outlaw wrote:
WV, Sooner, TX dragon, yourself, and so many others just make me sick with the great quality cooks and pics you provide.

I appreciate being mentioned here, thank you! I only hope I could inspire others by showing what a little patience and dedication can achieve. I've been inspired myself by so many on this board; I don't view myself as anything more than a decent contributor.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:39 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:well, thanks, I'm a very simple and limited cook where W V, T-Dragon and several others here are so broad in their varieties of dishes - - - they are very motivational as well - - - my excuse is "I need to get a life or learn how to fight boredom another way" :bow: :salut:

I discovered that I found peace in bbq. As frustrating as it is. Lol!
Being a combat vet, cooking has helped me through many tough times. I decided to branch out to other areas to see where it may lead me.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:41 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Thanks ladies and gents!
Sorry for the late response, couldn't reply from the road today, too many stops.
Outlaw, that's Jibberish, you hold on to that Apron buddy. And Emm, you aren't simple by any means. I think everyone on here gains alot from each other. I won't even attempt some of the cooks I see on here, too complex for me.Im trying to keep what hair I still have lol.

Remember, this is for a LARGE batch of soup. You might want to cut this in half ↓↓↓

As for the recipe, this is nothing set in stone, so you can alter it anyways you like. We despise chalky or dry meatballs in any form, so with 5 lbs of 85/15 Chuck, we mixed in ( 5 ) eggs 3 cups of seasoned bread crumbs, 2.5 cups of Whole Milk , 1 TB Black Pepper, 2 TB Sea Salt, 1& 1/2 cups Beef Broth,1 cup finely chopped Italian Parsley, 3 TB Italian Seasoning, 2.5 cups Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 TB Minced Garlic, 1/4 Cup of Fresh Rosemary, 2 TB of both Sage & Tyme, 1/4 Cup Red Pepper Flakes, 1/4 Cup SYM and a pinch of Nutmeg Powder.

Mixed it up well and sit down for the meatball rolling marathon, grrr. We did them a little smaller than a quarter in diameter.

For the soup,
Then winged it with the veggies, about 9 Cellery Stalks diced, 2 Yellow Onions diced, small bag of Carrots diced, 2 TB of Minced Garlic, 1/2 lb of Ham, diced up. 1/2 lb of Prosciutto diced, then sauteed everything above But the meatballs in Evoo for about 10 minutes.
Added about 18 cups of Chicken Broth to the veggies, bring to a slow boil, turn heat down to simmer and add Meatballs.
In about 8-10 minutes, they should float. Now add ur Spinach, whole leaves, not chopped. I used 4 cups , they wilted down just fine within minutes.
Last step is to get your ( creamy ) part of this soup by mixing 5 or 6 eggs with about 2 cups of Finely Grated Parmesan in a ( separate ) bowl. Whisk well.

When soup begins to cool slightly, slowly introduce the mixture to the soup and continually whisk till it's all evenly distributed.
I've only see this done once before, this was a first for us .

We love it, hopefully you all do too if u give it a shot.

Woooohoooo!! Thanks for this. I'll post when I make em!!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Well said, Gentlemen, that's why this Forum "works" :tup: :salut: :cheers: :texas:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Italian Wedding Soup ..LOTS !

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:More magnificent foodfotoz from WV! :salut: :cheers: :chef:

How did you know we were on a soup kick?
Sailor,
Thank you for that:)

You and I are sharing alot, I mean ALOT of the same weather, so I'm not surprised u and PB are in the ( soup ) mode too..

I'm thinking about perfecting a way to box and ship some of our snow and use Amazon's High Speed Drone Delivery Service to do an air drop to these ( Texan ) friends of ours :):)
Well send some to New Zealand too :):)
Well give our new found Canadian friend a pass tho, he gets his share already lol.

I was always told to ( Share ) :):):)

You in ?? Lol

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”