Steak n egg breakfast!

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Steak n egg breakfast!

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:34 am

Took out some T-bones we had for a bit now and decided on a steak and egg breakfast with one of em. Removed the bone and seasoned with some 1836, tossed in the hot grill mark pan, then in 400 deg oven for 3 min.

20180131_082224.jpg

Over easy egg with some chopped scallion. Great start to the day!
20180131_082603.jpg
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Steak n egg breakfast!

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:42 am

Welps, it looks like that Pic not only made me hoongrie again but has also dipped into my pocket book - - - guess I get me a C.I. and whack it off so I can use it in my ECB. :dont:

Purdy Plate, Chef :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 am

Y'all sure are making me hungry this morning. :banghead:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:07 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Welps, it looks like that Pic not only made me hoongrie again but has also dipped into my pocket book - - - guess I get me a C.I. and whack it off so I can use it in my ECB. :dont:

Purdy Plate, Chef :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Thank ya, sir! If you've got an Amazon setup, Think the wife ordered this pan for 12 or 13 bucks. Excellent considering the local options have them over 20. I may order another for the grill as well!
It's a 10.5" and if you remember Mrs sailor's post, and the professor agreed, they are not fun to clean. Lol!
Honestly, I treat them like a stainless.. I will use a bit of vinegar and some water, about 50/50. Bring it to a boil and get it off the heat. Let it sit about 5 minutes or so then take a good stiff bristle brush to it. It'll come out looking like new! Dry it up and give it a little brushing, light coat, of some veggie oil for storage. Don't bother with curing it. Although it stated it was already cured, it doesn't matter because any cure on it will be ruined due to the heat level required to get them Purdy grill marks.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 am

I just ate and I'm hungry again! :laughing7:

Love steak 'n' eggs.

Tx, when we did that other steak, I threw some hot water right in the pan (with a sad face because ooooo, so much flavor going to waste with the stuck-on mess). But we did not heat the thing...maybe next time. I have no idea what the inside of our red-enameled pan is made of, but PB thinks it is 'supposed' to be nonstick.

Ha.
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:39 am

Now THAT’s a breakfast worth eating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:I just ate and I'm hungry again! :laughing7:

Love steak 'n' eggs.

Tx, when we did that other steak, I threw some hot water right in the pan (with a sad face because ooooo, so much flavor going to waste with the stuck-on mess). But we did not heat the thing...maybe next time. I have no idea what the inside of our red-enameled pan is made of, but PB thinks it is 'supposed' to be nonstick.

Ha.

Nonstick.. Hogwash!! It's far from it. Lol! Your pan, if it is indeed like my old one, is enameled cast iron. The pan I have now is the same, only lacking the enamel. These pans shouldn't be treated like we treat our other cast iron babies or we will have much more issue when using them. Like, smoke detectors in the neighbor's house going off. Lol!

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”