Fresh Salmon

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bondobill
Outlaw

Fresh Salmon

Postby bondobill » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am

Salmon fishing opened on Jan 1st. Seeing as it was a holiday I left opening day to the poor suckers that got to work for a living. :laughing7: Took the boat out on the 2nd and had all my fav fishing holes to ourselves. :D
Cooked up a fillet yesterday. I didn't feel like dealing with the BBQs. I spent all day yesterday figuring out and repairing the trim tabs on my boat which weren't working when we where out on the 2nd. :banghead:
Anyways, I ended up prepping the fillet the way my mom used to do it and baked it in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes to a IT of 140.

Total prep time of about 10 minute but good golly it was good. :D
Ready for the oven
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:cheers:
Bill
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Fresh Salmon

Postby outlaw » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Man o man. Fresh Salmon :cheers: :cheers: I had croquettes out of a pack earlier this week. I can just imagine how that would be. :D :D :D
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:34 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:31 pm

looks Larapin, Wild Bill, :salut: :cheers: now for a stupid question ?is that corn flakes on the outside? :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
tri3forme USER_AVATAR
tri3forme
Rustler

Postby tri3forme » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Man, that looks delish! I bet there’s nothing like fresh salmon. If only I were so blessed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't eat to live....I live to eat
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:25 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:looks Larapin, Wild Bill, :salut: :cheers: now for a stupid question ?is that corn flakes on the outside? :dont:

Thanks and your right Em...Kellogs Corn Flakes :salut:
I add the lightly crushed flakes after the seasoning is applied to the Salmon. Once the flakes are applied I pour a stick of melted butter over the flakes.
The Corn Flakes help in holding the seasoning,brown sugar and butter on the fillet during baking and picks up all those flavors while cooking. It's the only way Ill bake Salmon.

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:08 pm

No doubt it's good 'cause I know you know your Salmon but down here Butter, Brown Sugar and Corn Flakes on Fish would make Justin Wilson turn over in his Grave. :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:52 pm

I preserve salmon for a friend, only way I like it is from a can with s and p and vinegar, all mashed up and on toast, love it.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Mr. BB.. You said my 2 favorite words: "fresh" and "salmon". You then put them together into the best sentence in the human language. I look forward to the day that I catch a salmon and cook it up right next to the river. Great looking meal here, sir!
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”