Po Man's Salmon

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Po Man's Salmon

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Most folks call them Patties but Mom always called them "Croquettes" ?maybe because it sounded fancier. :dont: Been cooking them and eating them all of my born daze as well as green beans and mac and chez. It would have taken a pointed gun to make me go to town and pick up fast food today. :banghead:

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Po Man's Salmon

Postby Russ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Interesting there oup, what is in the patties, I call them fritters. I make croquettes but they are round long shape like a small sausage. I've been making chicken croquettes for 30years, one of my wife's faves.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Definitely not after the Jack Debacle. :laughing7:

Looks good, OUP, we call those cakes or patties. Mac 'n' chez: needs no explanation.
Moink!
fat USER_AVATAR
FAT
Wrangler

Postby FAT » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 pm

Please post recipe for patties.
Thanks
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Russ wrote:Interesting there oup, what is in the patties, I call them fritters. I make croquettes
Russ

Pardnah and FAT, I take a small can of Honey Boy Pink Salmon, drain off the liquid, dump into a large bowl and break up with a fork. Then I add cracker crumbs, one egg, chopped own-yawn and Cajun Seasoning. The amount of cracker crumbs usually depends on the moisture of the mix. You want to be able to shape them into small balls. Then I take the balls of mixture and dust both sides with Shrimp/Fish Fry (I prefer the Seasoned). Press them into patties with your hands and fry in Canola until brown. Cocktail Sauce or Catsup and creamed Horseradish is my choice for dipping.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:14 am

OldUsedParts wrote:
Russ wrote:Interesting there oup, what is in the patties, I call them fritters. I make croquettes
Russ

Pardnah and FAT, I take a small can of Honey Boy Pink Salmon, drain off the liquid, dump into a large bowl and break up with a fork. Then I add cracker crumbs, one egg, chopped own-yawn and Cajun Seasoning. The amount of cracker crumbs usually depends on the moisture of the mix. You want to be able to shape them into small balls. Then I take the balls of mixture and dust both sides with Shrimp/Fish Fry (I prefer the Seasoned). Press them into patties with your hands and fry in Canola until brown. Cocktail Sauce or Catsup and creamed Horseradish is my choice for dipping.

Cheers for that, I'd try that with prawns, love the cracker crumbs, whoda thunk it?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 am

Good Luck, Pard, and YES, this works well on most kinds of Seafood as WillieP and Others have shown in the Past. Another cool thing with the Crackers is that you can use regular Saltines, the Keebler sweeter kind, Multi-Grain or whatever your belly might be wantin to try on a particular cook. I used some Ranch/Black Pepper dippin crackers and I really liked them HOWEVER, I seemed to be the ONLY ONE THAT DID so I quit doing that :laughing7: :D :lol: :dont:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:30 am

I must be the only one using bread crumbs!
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:36 am

Not sure but I think my Mom used bread crumbs in her Crab Cakes - - - do remember that they were larapin fo sho :D
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:32 am

good lookin vittles... :cheers:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Yo S.T. good to see ya around - - - HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours :tup: :salut: :texas:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:I must be the only one using bread crumbs!

My daughter cooked us okynokyaki? Sp, Japanese pancakes a couple of days ago, I dredged chicken in buttermilk ( thanks oup, my family love this) then dipped in breadcrumbs I made myself. Then fried. With just 2 of us we have lots left over bread, I dry them and whizz up. So you aren't alone,lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Yay! :laughing7:
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Yay! :laughing7:

BUT... I'm not saaaaying I don't have panko crumbs in my pantry. :mrgreen: :lol: :whiteflag:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Good looking patties and grup Em.
I gotta do some patties. Been too long

:cheers:
Bill

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”