Not happy

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Bandolero
Posts: 612
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:19 pm
Contact:

Not happy

Postby JustinCouch » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Look what I am reduced to 2 days before payday.
Attachments
20171018_192906.jpg
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:11 pm

I've had rice patties and water at times, it could always be worse man.
Hang in there a few more days.
User avatar
bsooner75
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2979
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Been there done that and feel for you.

One thing I’d recommend…next time you get the chance to cook larger hunks of meat (butts, briskets or even chickens) freeze whatever you don’t eat. That reheats well and can save a little money on week night meals down the road.

Ziplock bags with the air squeezed out will do…maybe put a vacuum sealer on the Santa list!

Things have been looking up lately, they’ll keep going that way!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Outlaw
Posts: 2164
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby Russ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:23 pm

We have these things here, cheap protein, I love them, childhood memories. We used to joke when we were young n poor, boiled savs for 3 nights then sav soup next 3 nights, the water goes red from the die in the saveloys. Lol

http://hellers.co.nz/product/sausages/saveloys/

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
Boots
Wordsmith
Posts: 3041
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA!
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby Boots » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:34 am

Lived on nothing but ramen noodles for more than a month once in grad school (they were 10 packages for a dollar and I had just enough scratch to buy a hundo plus a box of powdered milk to keep from getting the ricketts). Can't even walk by the things in the grocery now w/o feeling the need to go projectile. Things were lean all the way through grad school, went from 168 and ripped to 128 and stickley w/in 6 months, but that was the worst of it. But didn't quit, TG.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to start a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7636
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

Hang in there Justin :tup: :salut:

This is the first "Four Lettered Word" that I remember as a Child. :banghead:
I have NEVER EATEN it since then.
SPAM.jpeg
SPAM.jpeg (13.68 KiB) Viewed 179 times
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
outlaw
Bandolero
Posts: 788
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:14 am
Location: Arlington, TX
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby outlaw » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:01 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Hang in there Justin :tup: :salut:

This is the first "Four Lettered Word" that I remember as a Child. :banghead:
I have NEVER EATEN it since then.
SPAM.jpeg


I regret to tell you that Spam is probably my wifes favorite breakfast on the way out the door, pan fry a couple of slices, and slap it between some toast and done. :shock: :shock:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7636
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:49 am

as long as it's YOUR WIFE - - - heck, mine don't even grill a chez sammich anymore :whiteflag: :banghead: :salut:
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Sailor Kenshin
Outlaw
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Eastern seaboard
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:00 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Been there done that and feel for you.

One thing I’d recommend…next time you get the chance to cook larger hunks of meat (butts, briskets or even chickens) freeze whatever you don’t eat. That reheats well and can save a little money on week night meals down the road.

Ziplock bags with the air squeezed out will do…maybe put a vacuum sealer on the Santa list!

Things have been looking up lately, they’ll keep going that way!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


:tup:

We've probably all been there. I remember opening the piggy bank for food-shopping.
Moink!
User avatar
Russ
Outlaw
Posts: 2164
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby Russ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:54 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:as long as it's YOUR WIFE - - - heck, mine don't even grill a chez sammich anymore :whiteflag: :banghead: :salut:


Snap, your wife and mine would get on,lol. I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, my wife says the kitchens for walking through to the lounge,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 7636
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:56 pm

I prefer mine stay out and I'll bring her what she needs :D
OUP

" Country by choice, Texan by the Grace of God "
User avatar
Russ
Outlaw
Posts: 2164
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby Russ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:03 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I prefer mine stay out and I'll bring her what she needs :D


Not only do I cook everything. She gets to tell me she wants it served, on the decking is happening a bit more. I guess I'm soft. :lol:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
outlaw
Bandolero
Posts: 788
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:14 am
Location: Arlington, TX
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby outlaw » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 am

Russ wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:I prefer mine stay out and I'll bring her what she needs :D


Not only do I cook everything. She gets to tell me she wants it served, on the decking is happening a bit more. I guess I'm soft. :lol:

Russ


Not necessarily Russ. It means you know how to have a peaceful home. :salut: :salut:
Attachments
the-phrase-happy-wife-happy-life-is-scientifically-proven-husbands-22984386.png
the-phrase-happy-wife-happy-life-is-scientifically-proven-husbands-22984386.png (55.25 KiB) Viewed 132 times
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
User avatar
CaptJack
Outlaw
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby CaptJack » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:56 pm

the ultimate cheap food is pinto beans, rice &the big bag of chicken leg¼s
you can cook up big batches of all three and keep them in the fridge to nuke when you need them
some pico & sauza helps flavor them up
Attachments
OS_chicken_032.jpg
OS_chicken_012.jpg
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates • CampChef pellet cooker
User avatar
Russ
Outlaw
Posts: 2164
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Not happy

Postby Russ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:07 pm

outlaw wrote:
Russ wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:I prefer mine stay out and I'll bring her what she needs :D


Not only do I cook everything. She gets to tell me she wants it served, on the decking is happening a bit more. I guess I'm soft. :lol:

Russ


Not necessarily Russ. It means you know how to have a peaceful home. :salut: :salut:


Been together for 44 years, it ain't gettin better,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests