Re: Outlaw Salsa "D.I.L. Update"

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: Outlaw Salsa "Mamacita es Caliente"

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:02 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:My oldest son and his wife were loading up to go to San Antone and Sea World ETC and I had planned on meeting him with a jar of my Salsa to take with him so he could get some chips and munch out at night after the days festivities. However, I get a call from him saying that his wife, the heart patient, has fallen and it appears she has broken her arm and possibly a long bone in her upper leg or hip maybe. He called back later and was following the ambulance to ER.

I tell you, if those kids didn't have bad luck they wouldn't have any luck. :( :deadhorse:

Looks like I'll be monitoring the phone for a while. :whiteflag:

Keep us posted and hope everything turns out okay.

(For the record, we grew those other penners in a self-watering container, with black plastic cover.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:03 pm

I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:33 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks :tup:

Aw man. That is terrible. Prayers going up for your family.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:06 pm

thanks, Outlaw, I really worry about all the "stuff" that my Son has gone thru the last year or so but he's strong, as is his Faith, so any sleep I loose worrying is self-inflicted :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Prayers for your son and daughter in law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey there my Texas friend .....

Prayers sent from ur friends up here in ( 1 plateville )..

Stay strong bro !
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Just a natural thing, to worry about your kids. Hope things improve oup. Thoughts with ya buddy.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:53 pm

thanks, my Friends, I finally spoke with him this evening and he said that she indeed broke her humerus in two possibly three places and they have that in a temporary cast until they can get her scheduled for a hip joint replacement because she also broke her femur right where it attaches to the ball joint of her hip. Being a heart patient, she is on several meds that they will have to address before cutting into her - - - such as Plavex which thins the blood to prevent clots/ETC. So they are waiting to hear from the Former Military Bone Doctor as to when the surgery will be.

As a father I worry about my Sons and he has gone thru so much lately but his sense of humor is still there (don't have a clue where he got that from) When the EMT's were getting Kellye ready they put on a cervical collar for transporting because they didn't know what her damage was. Well my son looked at the collar and said "Is that to keep her from licking her wounds?" :shock: :roll: :laughing7: I can't say what she replied so I'll leave it to Y'all imagination and creativity. :D
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Great sense of humour there oup, the one thing I can tell you is the human body can take one heck of a hammering and recover fully. I've seen some scary stuff and people recover so well. I'm glad I live now and not 100 years ago, medicine has come a huge way.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about that accident, OUP. Our prayers and best wishes go out to your son and daugher-in-law.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:06 pm

thank you PB :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks for the update Parts. Will continue to keep all of y'all in our prayers.

Love the collar joke…that's the kinda stuff that usually gets me smacked :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:37 am

thanks, Sooner :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Outlaw Salsa "D.I.L. Update"

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Quick D.I.L. Update:
Sherry and I managed to get up to the Hosp for a brief visit. David seems to be hanging in there pretty good but he's not happy with the Cardio Unit because they have not even been in to start checking her to see if she can undergo the Surgery. They were contacted at 1pm yesterday and he's heard nothing. The Bone Doc is wanting to do her arm and hip during the same sedation, if possible, which could be 5 or 6 hours and he needs a release from her Heart Docs and the Cardio Unit at the Hosp. As of 4pm this evening David has heard NOTHING from them.

Bless her heart she looks so bad and it's almost scary. All of the meds have taken their toll on her body in the form of spots and bruises and it makes you wanna cry. They have her very drugged up and that's probably a good thing since she's lying there with all of those fractures. The Bone Doc also said that the Hip surgery is almost a no brainer but the humerus is damaged so much with breaks and bone chips that it may take considerable time to get put back together.

He knows that he can call me 24/7 if he needs me but he knows everything about her history and feels he needs to be available if anyone has any questions.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and Prayers - - - - they really need them. :salut:
Emm
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Outlaw Salsa "D.I.L. Update"

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:06 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Quick D.I.L. Update:
Sherry and I managed to get up to the Hosp for a brief visit. David seems to be hanging in there pretty good but he's not happy with the Cardio Unit because they have not even been in to start checking her to see if she can undergo the Surgery. They were contacted at 1pm yesterday and he's heard nothing. The Bone Doc is wanting to do her arm and hip during the same sedation, if possible, which could be 5 or 6 hours and he needs a release from her Heart Docs and the Cardio Unit at the Hosp. As of 4pm this evening David has heard NOTHING from them.

Bless her heart she looks so bad and it's almost scary. All of the meds have taken their toll on her body in the form of spots and bruises and it makes you wanna cry. They have her very drugged up and that's probably a good thing since she's lying there with all of those fractures. The Bone Doc also said that the Hip surgery is almost a no brainer but the humerus is damaged so much with breaks and bone chips that it may take considerable time to get put back together.

He knows that he can call me 24/7 if he needs me but he knows everything about her history and feels he needs to be available if anyone has any questions.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and Prayers - - - - they really need them. :salut:
Emm
Sent you a PM my friend :( :( :(

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”