Do-nuts

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:57 pm

Papa,
That is a great story! Good for your mom! That's how Paula Deen started her business years ago; making sandwiches and lunches for people and local businesses, and her boys would deliver them on their bicycles. Nowadays, someone would call the Health Dept. and complain that you were selling food without a license, and the rules for a home business involving food for sale is absolutely ridiculous! :evil: Oh well, don't get me started on that...................!!!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:44 am

I had everything ready to try both out, but never got past the fresh made ones. With about 18 donuts and another 2 dozen "holes" that was enough. They were very good, but we just didn't have enough people to need the other batches. I guess I'll have to try the biscuit ones this upcoming weekend.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:18 am

Kalrog wrote:I had everything ready to try both out, but never got past the fresh made ones. With about 18 donuts and another 2 dozen "holes" that was enough. They were very good, but we just didn't have enough people to need the other batches. I guess I'll have to try the biscuit ones this upcoming weekend.

Well it sounds like the homemade ones came out good. :wink:
Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:32 am

I did the biscuit ones yesterday. They really weren't as good, but they sure were a lot faster. Good enough for the kids, that is for sure - especially after doing a chocolate glaze and letting them decorate the tops.

I used the "Grands" sized ones and then used my smallest circle punch to take out the center. It still was too big. And the cooking ratio (surface to mass) wasn't right to get the center totally cooked without blackening the outside.

So my verdict would be fried biscuits: good enough for kids. For anyone else, make the dough.

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”