Shredded Chicken

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Shredded Chicken

Postby Williep » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:29 am

Didn't have time to fire up the pit yesterday so I got the crock-pot out. I seasoned some chicken breast and put them in the crock-pot, chopped up an onion and mixed it in some bbq sauce, brown sugar, Italian dressing, Worcestershire sauce and poured it over the chicken. I cooked it on low for 7 hour's, took the chicken out, shredded it and put it back in the pot for another 45 minute's. This stuff made a dang good sandwich if I do say so myself but the important thing is that my wife liked it.

Pic1.JPG
Pic2.JPG
Pic3.JPG
Pic4.JPG
Pic5.JPG
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Shredded Chicken

Postby Williep » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:57 am

I guess I could have mentioned that that was around 4 lb's of chicken, an 18 oz bottle of bbq sauce, 1/2 cup of Italian dressing, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce and the chicken was seasoned with Bolner's chicken rub.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:51 am

Yo Willie Boy, looks daggone guud :tup: :salut: :cheers: A lot of your cooks have that East of the Sabine River touch to them :chef: - - - is that just a preference or was it "Inherited" :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:52 am

That's a good looking sandwich for sure. I would also make chicken enchiladas out of the leftovers too 8)

Good job Sir. :salut:

Ric G.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:38 am

^^^^^^^^
:tup: :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:31 pm

OldUsedParts wrote: A lot of your cooks have that East of the Sabine River touch to them :chef: - - - is that just a preference or was it "Inherited" :?:

Being from the backwood's of Cedar Bayou and I have fallen off a truck, not a turnip truck, I guess I just don't understand the question. :banghead: :banghead:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:18 pm

Sorry, sometimes I can be vague without knowing it :banghead: What I meant was that a lot of your cooks are Jambalaya/Gumbo/Seafood style and I thought that maybe you had some Louisiana Kinfolk or Raising that caused that :?: :?: :?:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Love the Sabine reference OUP. Learned to shoot in the river bottoms…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Hand over that sammich!

...and the fries, too....
Moink!
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Sorry, sometimes I can be vague without knowing it :banghead: What I meant was that a lot of your cooks are Jambalaya/Gumbo/Seafood style and I thought that maybe you had some Louisiana Kinfolk or Raising that caused that :?: :?: :?:

I kind of thought that's what you meant but wasn't real sure. :banghead: No kinfolk right across the river but I grew up on fried chicken, seafood and Italian food. My dad grew up in Cedar Bayou, east part of Baytown, and my mom in Queen's, NY.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:32 am

Done me some wade fishing for Specks around the mouth of Cedar Bayou - - - my best friend lives on the West Bank of Trinity Bay - - - - no wonder you have Saltwater in your veins :tup: :salut:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:39 pm

I'll have to try this method. Thanks for the share. Looks wonderful!
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”