Mom called it Goulash

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: RE: Re: Mom called it Goulash

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:23 am

woodenvisions wrote:Korean cuisine all off of the same menu. That's pretty uncommon from what I've seen. If you've never had it, I highly recommend it. Very light dish, thin noodles in a garlic and light butter sauce and SHRIMPS !!!

think I'll pass :whiteflag: we ate at a Korean joint yesterday and I took 2 bites and pushed the plate away before I ended up recycling it back into the plate - - - had shrimp and scallops with asparagus - - the scallops had the texture of jelly, all was very bland tasting and I won't describe the sauce or what it tasted like - - - - :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mom called it Goulash

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:48 am

OldUsedParts wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"]Korean cuisine all off of the same menu. That's pretty uncommon from what I've seen. If you've never had it, I highly recommend it. Very light dish, thin noodles in a garlic and light butter sauce and SHRIMPS !!!

think I'll pass :whiteflag: we ate at a Korean joint yesterday and I took 2 bites and pushed the plate away before I ended up recycling it back into the plate - - - had shrimp and scallops with asparagus - - the scallops had the texture of jelly, all was very bland tasting and I won't describe the sauce or what it tasted like - - - - :whiteflag:[/quote]
Lol sounds scrumptious lol !!!!

Pretty nasty !

Shrimp mei fun is a Chinese dish and never ever like gooey snots lol.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Mom called it Goulash

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:52 am

The problem with Asian food is, once you've had the good stuff :chef: then it's hard to "swallow" (literally) anything else - - - :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:25 pm

My mom used to do that, would slap it in between two slices of buttered toast. MMM MMM Good. Same treatment for Sloppy Joe's, remember those? And then came... Manwich !!! Man, we thought we had moved uptown when Manwich came out. And for those days when there was no hamburger meat in the house, sometimes Mom would scare us and out came...

THE SPAMWICH !!!!!

Ranked right up there with Underwood Deviled Ham as stuff that you loved to eat, but only with your eyes closed. In our family this usually occurred when Boots Sr. was out on strike with the other Birdmen (pilots) and drawing union survival wages; that SPAM went down with powdered milk like a Cherry Bomb down a drainpipe.
Attachments
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.jpg
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:05 pm

:D :lol: :laughing7: that reminds me of a Sad Sack Comic Book that my Dad brought back with him from Korea - - - 'ol Sad Sack hated dat "SPAM" - - my Mom would fry it and tell us that it tastes better that way :whiteflag:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:29 am

Loved me some Manwichs !!!!
Good stuff right there.

Spam??? ...I'll pass thx .
Was ruined by a piece that had a huge gellatinous mass in the center one time when I bit into it and after that I was finished forever...no way no how no chance lol !!!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”