Oven Lasagna

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Oven Lasagna

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 pm

I got this "Virginia's Easy Lasagna" recipe off of a Skinner Pasta box many years ago and have used it many times since. I have tweeked it some with preferred cheeses, tomato sauces/rotels and sauteed onions and jalapenos.

Here are the ingredients (plus a sm can of Rotel and Green Chilies) and a 9 x 13 baking dish.

First of all I brown the ground beef and then drain all but just enuff grease to sautee the onions and jalapenos in. Then I add back the browned burger and all of the tomato sauces or rotels. Then I cover and simmer very slowly for 30 minutes or more. Just make sure you don't reduce all fo the liquid from the meat mixture.

While the meat mixture is simmering, I make up the cheese mix using 16oz of cottage cheese, one egg, 8oz of graded pepper jack (or cheese of your choice) saving half of the pepper jack for the final topping. Mix cottage cheese, egg and half of pepper jack together and salt and pepper to taste. I don't use any Parmesan or Parsley in my recipe but it can certainly be added if you choose to.

Now with meat mixture, cheese mixture, oven ready lasagna noodles and baking dish ready begin putting this together and ready for the oven.

First layer is a cup or slightly more of meat sauce (don't spare the liquid either)
Then top that with a layer of lasagna noodles

Followed by another cup of meat sauce and half of the cheese mix.

Now reapeat that layer with another layer of noodles, a cup of meat sauce and the rest of the cheese mix.

Finally a layer of noodles, a cup (or the remainder, if room) of meat sauce then grate the rest of the pepper jack on top and cover with foil.

Place in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or slightly less if you don't want any crust to develope. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. This should serve about 10 folks, unless my two sons are at the table. :laughing7:

Here is basic "Virginia's Easy Lasagne Recipe" that I started with years ago.
http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/272474 ... sy-Lasagna

Bone Apple Tight

I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Oven Lasagna

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 pm

nice how to pictures, bet it tasted as good as it looks.... :salut:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis