ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turd,,, preparation?

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:18 pm

Yes, grill the steak first. :D :D
Jim
ikiru USER_AVATAR
ikiru
Wrangler

Postby ikiru » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:13 pm

I made some ABTs this weekend. I made 7 beef (using flatiron steaks) and 5 shrimp (are they still ABTs if I use shrimp?).

For the shrimp ones, I just put shrimp in raw, wrapped with bacon and cooked at 350 for 30 minutes.

For the steak, I seared the flatiron steak (still rare in the middle) in my firebox, cut to size, wrapped in bacon and cooked them at 350 for 30 minutes.

They turned out great! Thanks for the recipe.

Here is a pic. Shrimp on left, beef on right.

-ikiru

*enjoy the sauce*
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:57 pm

You got it down! And they're still ABTs. Sometimes I use PP, sometimes chopped briskets, once I even used diced spam. Always good.

Now that you've mastered ABTs, time for Scottish Eggs. Quick and fast: a hard boiled egg encased in breakfast sausage - I like Jimmy Dean. As the sausage cooks, the fat burning on the coals enhances what ever you got going on in your smoker as a main course. Yum Yum.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:02 pm

Lookin good! :thap:

As far as I am concerned, an ABT can have anything in it, including shrimp!

I'm about to leave to go to my inlaws and have some oven cooked brisket and your pic just made me hungry for some smoked/grilled food!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

ikiru USER_AVATAR
ikiru
Wrangler

Postby ikiru » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:42 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:You got it down! And they're still ABTs. Sometimes I use PP, sometimes chopped briskets, once I even used diced spam. Always good.

Now that you've mastered ABTs, time for Scottish Eggs. Quick and fast: a hard boiled egg encased in breakfast sausage - I like Jimmy Dean. As the sausage cooks, the fat burning on the coals enhances what ever you got going on in your smoker as a main course. Yum Yum.

Yikes! If my heart survives ABTs, you mean I get to do Scottish Eggs? I can feel my cholesterol count rising as I type...

:shock:

I suppose no one said TBF was a healthy place :P

-ikiru

*enjoy the sauce*
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:44 pm

You should follow the Scottish eggs with a bowl of oatmeal. This like longevity is optional
tarde venientibus ossa....
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:56 pm

ikiru wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:You got it down! And they're still ABTs. Sometimes I use PP, sometimes chopped briskets, once I even used diced spam. Always good.

Yikes! If my heart survives ABTs, you mean I get to do Scottish Eggs? I can feel my cholesterol count rising as I type...

:shock:

I suppose no one said TBF was a healthy place :P

-ikiru

*enjoy the sauce*
8)

Tell yourself it's low carb :lol:
Smoked Scott Eggs, you'll wonder why you ever ate at McMuffin if you slice these things and put on an English Muffin
:wink:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:07 pm

Be brave and adventurous :D Fix some Armadillo Eggs too. 8)
Jim

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”