Grits, for me is good food. I can eat them just about any way you fix them..CF
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:11 am

Try cooking some with cheese and then let them cool. Cut them in squares and fry them with egg like French Toast. Add a little bacon grease in the mix or bacon pieces if you Doc will let you. Egg battered fried grits are something everyone should experience. Especially with the bacon stuff. I almost got up yesterday morning to cook them and chill them so I could fry them with egg. On Bravo Channel, the one guy won a challenge with cheesy grits with bacon wrapped shrimp on top. Thats pretty darn simple ! But bacon makes everything good. :lol:
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:14 am

I saw that one. :D :D That's what the judge with the glasses said. :D Anything wrapped in bacon is good. :D 8)
Jim
Allie

Postby Allie » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:58 am

xxfubarxx wrote:On Bravo Channel, the one guy won a challenge with cheesy grits with bacon wrapped shrimp on top. Thats pretty darn simple !

My daughter and I just watched that episode of Top Chef yesterday. I thought it looked really good and simple food is often the best!
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:42 am

My mom is the one that introduced me to the egg battered grits. Make a batch and let them cool then fry..you won't regret it. I almost got up yesterday to make some so I could let them get solid LOL

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”