Blue Parrot

Any food other than BBQ or Grilled.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Blue Parrot

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:30 am

The Blue Parrot is an eatery that goes back to 1918. Food is Italian They've been in the news lately cause of the "wop" burger. An Italian Sausage sandwich that they refuse to rename under the guise of Political Correctness.

Anyway, it has been a while since we ate there so off to the Blue Parrot for Dinner.

What a disappoint. Gone were the college co-ed waitpersons in white oxford shirts and black pants/skirts. In their place were teenagers wearing t-shirts, shorts and jeans. Our waitress walked around with the front of her t-shirt tucked in and the back pulled out.

I had the lasagna and the Mrs had the Ravioli combo. The lasagna was dry and almost sans cheese. The Raviolis were very light on the fillings. Service just plain sucked.

Last time we were there the place was packed. Last night just two other tables were occupied. Give's me cause to wonder how much longer they will be in biz.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 am

sounds like a business that has been sold to another group and they decided to make some changes for the worse.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:59 am

SteerCrazy wrote:sounds like a business that has been sold to another group and they decided to make some changes for the worse.

Same family owns it, on the 4th or 5th generation.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:06 am

Times are changing. :roll: :(
Jim
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:06 am

OSD wrote:Times are changing. :roll: :(

Wow, they are a changin.....
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:30 am

Political correctness can kiss my ....anyway. They should stick with the name and if it's good eats noone will complain. So tired of hearing about political correctness....but thats a whole other thread.By the way where is that place located ? I'm all up for Italian food.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:34 am

I would guess somewhere in Colorado since DATs posted it. :D
Jim
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:41 am

There's a place in Houston thats family owned that has the best Angel knots....Like French bread rollled up with garlic, parmisan, and lots of butter..Wow. The most expensive thing on the menu is gonna cost you about $12. I think the $12 thing is lobster ravioli. Everything is excellent. It's at 1960 and 45 I think. Italianos. Excellent place.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:53 am

xxfubarxx wrote:Political correctness can kiss my ....anyway. They should stick with the name and if it's good eats noone will complain. So tired of hearing about political correctness....but thats a whole other thread.By the way where is that place located ? I'm all up for Italian food.

It's in old town Louisville CO
Full story here: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/13 ... etail.html
Deputy Dave

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:48 am

Interesting piece about the place. :D :D All that over the name of a burger. :? :lol: :lol:
Jim

Return to “The Outpost - Cooking any grub other than BBQ”