technology, where would we be...

Sausage making and curing meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sancho
Rustler

technology, where would we be...

Postby sancho » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Camera monitoring the boy, while the remote thermometer monitors the sausage, while I get a little work done.

jerodpb
Bandolero

Re: technology, where would we be...

Postby jerodpb » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:38 pm

where would we be...

we'd be with less technology....so working is taking pictures for a BBQ forum? :mrgreen:
Pit Barrel Cooker Fanatic
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Probably more intellectually sound. Technocrap makes your brains lazy and your butt spread. Time was you carried all kinds of useful information around in your head now it is Data on a chip somewhere in you Phone, Tablet,Memory card, Thumb drive. When it gets a Queer electron and Blows a gasket :scratch: :banghead: :dont: . If you wanted to change the Channel on the TV you had to get up walk over and Spin the dial and remember when certain shows came on NO DVR's. A cell Phone was the one you called the Bondsman on from the County lock-up on Sat night and it had no dial on it and the PH# was scralled on the wall, Tablets where books of paper White or Yellar and had lines on them and your Stylus was a #2 Dixon, A memory card was a Crib sheet, Thumb drives where when you missed the nail head. I will remain a AM radio, Armstrong steering, Compass Carrying, Snail, mail crank up window type. darn I sound like My Pop :shock:
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
sancho
Rustler

Postby sancho » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:39 pm

I agree with you Blu, I try to do as many things as I can the "old way". I try to force myself to do math problems in my head instead of using a calculator, for instance. Technology in this case is a good thing though. I can monitor the boy sleeping from a room that I don't have to be in, while the smoker smokes without a risk of anything going wrong, while I catch up emails and pay bills and all the sorry rest. I think fairly often things would be much better the old ways, but sometimes convenience trumps. My friend and I were talking the other day about the internet coming along and the wealth of instant finger-tip information that available basically for free. It's amazing. A quick bit of information to answer a question or problem, a price comparison, directions, just whatever. Then there's the bad side of the internet and how it effects youngsters who haven't gotten old enough to police themselves as to what is damaging for them to see or hear. Anyway, it's good when it's used right.

Jero, that was during my lunch break :lol:

Return to “Sausage and Cured Meats”