qustion about weston 5# stuffer.

Sausage making and curing meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

slikster
Pilgrim

qustion about weston 5# stuffer.

Postby slikster » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Ok I decided I wanted to make sausage this year so I asked for a stuffer for christmas. I tried it out yesterday and the meat kept squeezing past the plunger. I think I set it up right as the directions said but everytime I would press the handle down about half of the meat squeezed past. Made for a long day trying to make my first sausage. Is this normal or did I miss something in the instructions for putting it together? Some of the sausage is on the smoker right now, will post pics later today.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: qustion about weston 5# stuffer.

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Welcome to the forum Slikster. If'n you'd be so kind go over the the Wanted section and tell us a little about yourself.
Sorry to break this to ya but the squeeze past is normal as is the workout you get with that type of stuffer. If you come the the 2nd Wurst Get Together the 22nd of this month we can help you make better sausage but the stuffer it is what it is.
Enjoy that sausage ya made!
tarde venientibus ossa....
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: qustion about weston 5# stuffer.

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:28 pm

I have a 3# tinned Weston. Haven't had that leaking issues like you describe. Did you lube the gasket on the plunger and the inside of the stuffer?

If its like mine, you can only assemble it one way.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Sausage and Cured Meats”