Did a batch of chili

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

OSD
Retired Lawman
Posts: 7290
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Did a batch of chili

Postby OSD » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:44 pm

I did a batch of Sucklebusters chili and cornbread Saturday and it was some good eats. :D

Ok, this is for everyone's viewing and laughing pleasure. :lol: Be kind, it's my first try at this type of video. I messed up the sound in a couple spots and a couple small clips that should have went in the middle, but you'll get the jist of it. :lol:



The start
Image

The end
Image
User avatar
Surfinsapo
Outlaw
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:09 am
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby Surfinsapo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:59 pm

That was a great video!!!! You do need to show you mug next time though.... :wink:
ImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Good job on the video! You are a much braver soul than I !!!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Image
User avatar
Gator
Sheriff
Posts: 6589
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:53 pm
Location: Coppell, TX
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby Gator » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:50 pm

That was great Jim -> and you didn't say "HEY BOY" even once!

:)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
User avatar
ChileFarmer
Forum Star
Posts: 6602
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Jacksonville,Texas
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby ChileFarmer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Jim, great job all way around. Chili, video and all. CF :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
User avatar
Pony Express
Outlaw
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:38 pm
Location: Seguin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby Pony Express » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:45 pm

Looks good Jim!
Charmglo gasser,
New Braunfels offset smoker
Custom trailer pit offset smoker

Git-er done
GIG EM
User avatar
JamesB
Retired Lawman
Posts: 6215
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:29 am
Location: Irving, Tx
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby JamesB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Gator wrote:That was great Jim -> and you didn't say "HEY BOY" even once!

:)


LOL... you know that fella too?

Finally got the chance to watch the video... Good job on it Jim! There for a while, I thought the chili was being made by "Thing". :mrgreen:
Image
OSD
Retired Lawman
Posts: 7290
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby OSD » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:16 pm

JamesB wrote:
Gator wrote:That was great Jim -> and you didn't say "HEY BOY" even once!

:)


LOL... you know that fella too?

Finally got the chance to watch the video... Good job on it Jim! There for a while, I thought the chili was being made by "Thing". :mrgreen:


I couldn't take the chance of letting the camera get a good look at my face, it may have stopped working right in the middle of the video. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Papa Tom
Deputy
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:40 am
Location: Oak Point, TX
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Hey ya done good Jim now I expect we'll get videos of all that elaborate coking you do.....
tarde venientibus ossa....
OSD
Retired Lawman
Posts: 7290
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby OSD » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Papa Tom wrote:Hey ya done good Jim now I expect we'll get videos of all that elaborate coking you do.....


Nope, most folks don't seem to care much for the fancier cooking and plating pics ( even though the food is smoked or grilled ), so I don't think I'll be doing any videos of those cooks and most likely not posting pics of them any more, either. Plus it's a bunch of work ( splicing, editing, time to upload a video ) to do videos all the time. I did this one just to have a little fun, but I won't be doing them much.
User avatar
JamesB
Retired Lawman
Posts: 6215
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:29 am
Location: Irving, Tx
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby JamesB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:17 pm

OSD wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:Hey ya done good Jim now I expect we'll get videos of all that elaborate coking you do.....


Nope, most folks don't seem to care much for the fancier cooking and plating pics ( even though the food is smoked or grilled ), so I don't think I'll be doing any videos of those cooks and most likely not posting pics of them any more, either. Plus it's a bunch of work ( splicing, editing, time to upload a video ) to do videos all the time. I did this one just to have a little fun, but I won't be doing them much.


Please don't stop posting those pics! It gives us less accomplished cooks something to shoot for.
Image
nbrdnck
Bandolero
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:16 am
Location: Pine Bluff Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby nbrdnck » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:51 am

great job jim.
RedNeck
User avatar
tex_toby
Deputy
Posts: 4066
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:22 am
Location: Van Alstyne, Texas
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby tex_toby » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 am

JamesB wrote:
OSD wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:Hey ya done good Jim now I expect we'll get videos of all that elaborate coking you do.....


Nope, most folks don't seem to care much for the fancier cooking and plating pics ( even though the food is smoked or grilled ), so I don't think I'll be doing any videos of those cooks and most likely not posting pics of them any more, either. Plus it's a bunch of work ( splicing, editing, time to upload a video ) to do videos all the time. I did this one just to have a little fun, but I won't be doing them much.


Please don't stop posting those pics! It gives us less accomplished cooks something to shoot for.


+1
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
48" Custom Firepit

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
User avatar
WBBQ
Cowboy
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 pm
Location: Forney, Texas
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby WBBQ » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:56 am

JamesB wrote:
OSD wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:Hey ya done good Jim now I expect we'll get videos of all that elaborate coking you do.....


Nope, most folks don't seem to care much for the fancier cooking and plating pics ( even though the food is smoked or grilled ), so I don't think I'll be doing any videos of those cooks and most likely not posting pics of them any more, either. Plus it's a bunch of work ( splicing, editing, time to upload a video ) to do videos all the time. I did this one just to have a little fun, but I won't be doing them much.


Please don't stop posting those pics! It gives us less accomplished cooks something to shoot for.


I agree. I enjoy your elaborate photos. No since in hiding your talent. :wink:

Weldon
Proud Owner of a WSM 22 1/2" Smoker
W's Backyard BBQ Blog
User avatar
Pony Express
Outlaw
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:38 pm
Location: Seguin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Did a batch of chili

Postby Pony Express » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:50 am

Yeah Jim, dont stop the pics.
Charmglo gasser,
New Braunfels offset smoker
Custom trailer pit offset smoker

Git-er done
GIG EM

Return to “Chili Heads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests