Chili time

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Chili time

Postby GRailsback » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:25 pm

egghead wrote:I get the Sloppy Boudreaux’s at Nunu’s grocery and meat market in Scott, LA. Same exit as Billy’s Boudain and Crackling. Go through the roundabout and Nunu’s is about a 1/2 mile on the left. While there, I recommend some Steen’s pork sausage. Their other sausages are good as well. Their ribeye burgers and chicken burgers are excellent. :D

It’s a good stop on the way back through Lafayette area. You can tell us South Texans are from Louisiana - we travel with an ice chest in the back of our pickup. :mrgreen:

I will stop in there and check them out EH. I stop at that exit every trip home anyway. I have to go through the roundabout to get to Dons, and I bring home there pork skins for my buddy. And I get some meats there as well. I did stop at Billys this time coming home, they are now selling pork skins. But that place is incredible how busy it is. I am going to give the sloppy boudreaux's a try out.
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:49 am

Nunu’s has cracklings as well. We picked up some chicken cracklings there the last time we stopped. It’s real good but doesn’t travel well. Gets soft fairly quick. A couple pieces for a taste is what we’ll do next time.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:26 am

I picked up some cracklins from Dons awhile back. I didn't particuarly care for them. I like to pork skins though.

Return to “Chili Heads”