Question Chili heads

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

douglas78 USER_AVATAR
Douglas78
Pilgrim

Question Chili heads

Postby Douglas78 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:01 pm

I know some of you are spice aficionados. Can anyone help me figure out if this is ground Ancho pepper in this glass container. Just trying to figure it out. Looks like chili powder but the more I look at it I see a ground chile. I've compared it to other high-res photos of ancho powder.

Thanks in advance guys!
Attachments
VialofSpice.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Question Chili heads

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Don't know about Ancho but it sure doesn't look like Chili Powder to me :dont: :roll:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:12 am

Chile powder is SUPPOSED to be the ground pepper itself. Commercially, it (texture) will look different. If this is from a smaller operation, which by the texture it really appears to be (maybe hand ground or light duty machine), it seems ok. As far as identifying what pepper is in the container, I'm sorry to say that will be impossible at best. Even in person, to identify by looks alone would be a no go on ground chiles. Sorry, amigo! That's like shredding a newspaper to confetti and then asking what the headline said.
(Insert witty signature here)
douglas78 USER_AVATAR
Douglas78
Pilgrim

Postby Douglas78 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:46 pm

Thanks guys! Very helpful. I think it confirms that it is some type of ground Chile. Really doesn't matter what kind.

Return to “Chili Heads”