prik ki nu chili peppers

Anything, everything and all things chili. Cowboys like chili!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

blackford USER_AVATAR
BlackFord
Rustler

prik ki nu chili peppers

Postby BlackFord » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:16 pm

With all the talk of Habaneros and Jalapenos around here I thought I would add one of my favorites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird's_eye_chili" target="_blank

not the hottest out there but still pretty potent at 50k-100k. Makes a spicy pot of chili. I them in a large heavy non stick with some garlic and onion and "bear sprayed" myself from the vapor. :lol: I have another story about these and why you *need* gloves hand washing isnt enough. :shock:
Rooster
Cowboy

Re: prik ki nu chili peppers

Postby Rooster » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:02 am

i think i know your other story! My father in law was tellin me he was at a restaurant one time, and had to go pee. He was wondering why everyone was washing their hands BEFORE peeing. 10 minutes later.... he knew why! The hot food was a burnin!
blackford USER_AVATAR
BlackFord
Rustler

Postby BlackFord » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:37 pm

yup. I was breaking up dried Habanero and prik ki nu peppers to get seeds for the garden. washed my hands TWICE. for as much as it hurt (and it did burn for hours) I don't even wanna think what it would have been like if I had not washed my hands twice.
:lol:
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:46 am

OK, I didn't wanna laugh, but I did!
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
smokey lew USER_AVATAR
Smokey Lew
Cowboy

Postby Smokey Lew » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:16 am

Are you growing the peppers in your yard? I just started planting peppers this summer. Don't have a lot of knowledge about them but I'm amazed at the wide variety available. If you got some growing in your yard, can you include a picture on your next post?
Smokey Lew
Riverside, California
WSM 22.5"
Weber Performer, black
Chaney Split Drum Grill
blackford USER_AVATAR
BlackFord
Rustler

Postby BlackFord » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:14 pm

my mother has the garden so I have her plant some for me. they didn't do too well and the few flowers that would have been peppers wilted up for nothing. I don't expect anything from them this year they look terrible. I am not sure if it was all the rain we have been getting all at once or the mulch she put down or what... anyway... I have about a half gallon in the freezer and a small can of dried peppers. I really wish mom hadnt frozen them and would have let me dry them. I need to remember to send my buddy a few for seed stock. I keep forgetting.

a funny story related to these peppers and my family, mom started pulling them out of the garden last year and had bags and bags of them. she isn't the spicy food eater so she wasn't familiar with them. she made chili and threw a handful of these cute lil guys in there and let her go all day. so my youngest sister comes in and gets a bowl of chili unaware of the peppers involved. I guess she got two in one bite and it lit her up pretty good. :lol:

they don't even attempt my chili but she didn't expect that from moms chili.

Return to “Chili Heads”