Rub Question

Texas Style BBQ Seasonings, Sauces and Such.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

1484 FPC
Pilgrim

Rub Question

Postby 1484 FPC » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:08 am

Just ordered the sampler pack to try 3 of the rubs. What would you recommend using the competition rub on? Is it more of an all-purpose rub or does it cater more to one specific meat? I'm looking forward to using the clucker dust and hog waller as well! Thanks..
1484 Front Porch Cookers
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Re: Rub Question

Postby Gator » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:18 am

1484 FPC wrote:Just ordered the sampler pack to try 3 of the rubs. What would you recommend using the competition rub on? Is it more of an all-purpose rub or does it cater more to one specific meat? I'm looking forward to using the clucker dust and hog waller as well! Thanks..

Thanks!

The Competition Rub is very mild and savory - works well on beef. some folks cut it with garlic powder (1 part garlic powder + 3 parts rub) with excellent results on brisket. It will work on any meat.

Enjoy the good stuff!

Gator
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
scott p USER_AVATAR
Scott P
Cowboy

Re: Rub Question

Postby Scott P » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:58 am

1484 FPC wrote:Just ordered the sampler pack to try 3 of the rubs. What would you recommend using the competition rub on? Is it more of an all-purpose rub or does it cater more to one specific meat? I'm looking forward to using the clucker dust and hog waller as well! Thanks..

I use it exclusively in the one comp I do a year and got walks in ribs and chicken.
Buddha Belly BBQ Team

18" WSM
22" WSM
26" Kettle
Genesis II S-310
Large BGE

Return to “SuckleBusters - The Forum Sponsor”