Suckle Busters Order

Texas Style BBQ Seasonings, Sauces and Such.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

americana cookers USER_AVATAR
Americana Cookers
Rustler

Suckle Busters Order

Postby Americana Cookers » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 am

I hate to sound like i'm complaining cause i'm not, I just want to make you aware. I received my order Tuesday and on both the 6lb Hog Waller and the 1.5lb Competition Rub the seals were broken. Now they were pretty clumpy, and i know the brown sugar will make them clumpy it just seemed a little more than normal. From about half the bottle to the bottom the product is one large clump. Again this isn't going to keep me from buying, i'm still trying to win some competitions, i just wanted to let you know!

Heath
~Thanks to our sponsors~
92.1FM Radio New Braunfels
36D Managment
Bates Boots

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Re: Suckle Busters Order

Postby Gator » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Heath - Our product do clump somewhat due to the fact we do not add anti-caking agents. It is a trade off. The moisture in the sugars and chile powders cause them to clump.

We are considering adding anti-caking agents in the future, but for now we feel some caking is a better option.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Geez, I am complaining. Dan's stuff is just TOO good. I mean, I use da stuff and my wife loves it and raves about it and pretty soon, I'm thinkin' "what is dis, is it Dan or is it me she wants????". I mean yada yada badda bing badda boom, what is she tellin' me here?? forgggeddabbouttiit.

And then, on toppa that, there's the pressure. What if I run outta Sucklebusters? And then what if the wifee wants the food. I mean, whaddamygonnado??? I mean, get outta here, I can't deal wid all this pressure, it's too much. I just gotta start cookin bad and quit cookin great just so I can lower the expectations aroun' here and get outta this constant "Sucklebusters this, Sucklebusters that" comin' outta the old lady. Sheeeshh. forgggeddabbouttiit.

So why am I raving here like I'm from Brooklyn? Well, for starters, Horschak from Welcome Back Kotter keeled over, so it was on my mind. But second and the big reason is, I went over to the square in McKinney yesterday (great place the town square, all in revival mode and great restaurants and stuff) to get my ears lowered at the Palace Barber Shop where I been going since 2000 (a real barbershop, ask for Linda, she swings a mean trimmer and only $15 bucks a head), which is about a block over from Local Yocal where Matt the rancher sells all kinds of great meat. And about next door to the Palace they got this place called the Loco Cowpoke which is local owned, and a great place that sells all kinds of sauce and salsa and put up canned fruits and stuff. Awesome place. The more so, because they carry a full range of Sucklebuster sauces. And so I drag in Boots Jr. with me and we case the place. Walked out with 3 bottles of Dan's finest, including SPICY PEACH.

So I git home and Mrs. Boots is waiting at the door, starts eyeballing me. So I say, "WHAT?". And she says, "well WHAT is, is WHAT are you gonna cook for me tonight". And I say like the Big Bopper, "well, Honey I ain't got no money...." and she shuts me up. "You don't need MONEY, I bought FISH" she says, and you're gonna COOK it". I say, "well how, Baby?". She says, "Figure it out", and stomps off grinnin' like a possum.

So I go in the fridge and she has bought me tilapia for the kiddo, Alaskan Cod (the poor man's Sea Bass), and a piece of the prettiest Coho Salmon I ever saw. I think, geez, she's not making it easy is she? The tilapia and cod are easy, but what we gonna do with this pretty salmon?? Salmon you gotta be careful with, needs some sweet and some spike, can't just rub it up and expect it to go right. And then it hit me like a keg of nails falling off a roof....SPICY PEACH (dunt dunt dunnnnnhhhhhh!!!!). So that's what I done, marinated that puppy is SPICY PEACH and then sprinkled it light with that John Henry's Mojave Garlic Pepper Gold (with the butter flavoring). Painted up the Tilapia with the Ole Bob's Hickory alone, and then painted the Coddy lightly with melted butter and sprinklining of the Mojave Garlic Gold. Then I fired up the Gas Belcher 5000 and kicked it into low gear and stomped on the gas. Came near singing my eyebrows off. Spray lubed some heavy foil and on goes the fish and into the cooker. I slam the lid down. Neighbor starts wailing other side of the fence. I ask him how his therapy is going, whether on not he has the Suicide Hotline on his speed dial. He mutters, "whatcha cookin' ?". I holler back, "RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!!". I swear, the older I get, the meaner I think I'm gettin'. I gotta start repentin' soon....

Ooooo baby, fishies were good. I'll let you judge the results for yerself. Wife was even nice to me for a while after, didn't swing a knuckle at me all evening.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
Americana Cookers
Rustler

Postby Americana Cookers » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:51 pm

I totally agree with not adding the caking agent! Like I said just wanted to give you a heads up on the seals! Thanks Gator

Heath
~Thanks to our sponsors~
36D Managment
Bates Boots

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Complaining (continued).
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
davidtxs USER_AVATAR
Davidtxs
Bandolero

Postby Davidtxs » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:56 pm

dratsssssssssssssss a nice sale illill miss imisss im STILL IN the hosp 2 hosp
When I grow up I wanna be EITHER

Jethro Gibbs thats TW0 B's Second is for
OR
Redneck Cooker "watch out Trigg"
So If any teams want a reasonable website let me know
Americana Cookers
Rustler

Postby Americana Cookers » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Well done Boots, and that's the same kind of complaining I could do! I really like the spicy peach sauce, been trying to get it to thinken up some to use for a glaze.
~Thanks to our sponsors~
36D Managment
Bates Boots

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Boots wrote: Neighbor starts wailing other side of the fence. I ask him how his therapy is going, whether on not he has the Suicide Hotline on his speed dial. He mutters, "whatcha cookin' ?". I holler back, "RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!!". I swear, the older I get, the meaner I think I'm gettin'. I gotta start repentin' soon....

You better be careful Boots. If your neighbor forgets to take his meds one day, he is going to filet you and put you n the Gas Belcher 5000 and slam the lid down. :lol:
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
atcnick USER_AVATAR
atcNick
Outlaw

Suckle Busters Order

Postby atcNick » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Boots u a funny guy!!

-Nick
-Nick

Custom R&O Offset
Lang 84D w/Chargriller SOLD
Weber Performer
22" Weber One Touch Gold Kettle
18" Weber Smokey Mountain
Weber Smokey Joe
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks Boots, thats a great story!
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks guys. Gotta have a little fun every day.

Egghead no worries I got a big red Aussie dog. And she loves rubber chicken.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
davidtxs USER_AVATAR
Davidtxs
Bandolero

Postby Davidtxs » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Gator wrote:Thanks Boots, thats a great story!

I spend half my time in the rehab ho-sp readin em
When I grow up I wanna be EITHER

Jethro Gibbs thats TW0 B's Second is for
OR
Redneck Cooker "watch out Trigg"
So If any teams want a reasonable website let me know
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Glad you like em David, hope they can spring you outta there soon.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE

Return to “SuckleBusters - The Forum Sponsor”