Easy Smokled Busted Chix Sammies

Texas Style BBQ Seasonings, Sauces and Such.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Easy Smokled Busted Chix Sammies

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 am

Got to tell everyone that if you use high quality ingredients you might even surprise yourself with outcome. Spices from Sucklebusters will change the outcome of your cooks for the better. Since its the new year, toss out all those spices you've had since college and restock with some good ones. Folks will think your cooking has gotten better and all ya did was update your spices.

I started by making a simple rub with equal parts of Granulated Garlic, Granulated Onion, Hot Paprika, Ground Black Pepper, Chile Powder and Kosher Salt. If you use regular salt, cut it back some as table salt has more surface area by weight. I did a tablespoon of each. Mix it all up and set aside.

Next I pounded some chicken breasts to a uniform thickness and trimmed them into rounds. The trimmings were saved for another use. Then I dusted the breasts with the rub. See Below.
Start.jpg

As for the smoke, I previously dialed E2 in at 235° using Oak Lump. I put the breasts on and let 'em smoke for a little over an hour. You could just as easilly use an oven but then you wouldn't get that smokie goodness.

I set the smoked breasts on Kaisers rolls along with some dressed lettuce, sliced tomatoes, slice avacados, a little bacon and some sliced Co-Jack cheese. Chips or frys might have been better than the Okra, but that was the side. The Mrs said the lettuce was overkill, I tend to agree but our goal for 2012 is to get more veggies in the diet. Bacon's a veggie -right?
End2.jpg

The breasts were smokie, tender and juicy. The rub wasn't too spicy (hot) for the Mrs and garlic/onion flavors came through nicely for me. I'm doing this again soon, and I'm not a huge fan of chicken.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Re: Easy Smokled Busted Chix Sammies

Postby Gator » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:18 am

Awesome Dats! I could eat one of those any day of the week.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:35 am

WOW that looks great, Dats! :thap:
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
bwsdj USER_AVATAR
bwsdj
Cowboy

Postby bwsdj » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:37 pm

They Look delicious, Thanks for the pics I am now Starving, LOL
BBQ and USF Bulls Football/Tailgating
https://www.facebook.com/fullbullbbq

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:01 am

A little heresy, but the fried okra looked really dandy too...talk about that. One of my favorite foods from childhood along with Mom's fried tomatoes.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “SuckleBusters - The Forum Sponsor”