Hunt for sucklebusters at Central Market

Texas Style BBQ Seasonings, Sauces and Such.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Rooster
Cowboy

Hunt for sucklebusters at Central Market

Postby Rooster » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:58 am

The wife and I headed up to the CM Saturday mornin on a mission. Got to the seasonings and couldnt find The Good anywhere. Asked 3 different employees and they all were clueless and couldnt find it. no spot on the shelf, and nowhere on and end cap. They finally had to crawl around in their back room and found some. Guy brought out 8 bottles of comp rub and hog waller and said this is all we have. I have plenty of each of those, so it was a dry run in that department. I was needin some hoochie, so it looks like i will be making a purchase from the most reliable source and thats direct!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Re: Hunt for sucklebusters at Central Market

Postby Gator » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:32 am

Rooster- I'm assuming you were in the Dallas store?

We will contact them to see what is up.

Thanks,
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:34 am

Hoochie rocks - but you obviously know that. :lol:

Think I converted a few folks to Hoochie this weekend :lol:

Have a blessed 4th.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
geeksmoke USER_AVATAR
GeekSmoke
Rustler

Postby GeekSmoke » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:01 am

Is this the city market with the huge sign by the mix master? If so, I have to work near there tomorrow, and will perform an inspection. :D
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-John 15:13
"Who is John Galt?"-Ayn Rand
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."-Adam Savage
Rooster
Cowboy

Postby Rooster » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:43 pm

yes it was the dallas store at lovers ln and greenville ave.
geeksmoke USER_AVATAR
GeekSmoke
Rustler

Postby GeekSmoke » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:54 pm

I stopped by the CM today and they had one bottle of hoochie moma and it was cracked. I asked if they were on a standing order, and they said no. They only had what was left from whatever spice event they had. I hope you are able to get something set up with them, but until then, I will just have to order from you.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-John 15:13
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:55 am

OK, Rooster and Geeksmoke - first of all, thanks for doing your best to buy some products here, much appreciated.

I talked with the CM folks at the Dallas Store, they do have my products, but they are not currently in the "permanent set" which in real terms means they do not have a permanent home for it on the shelves right now. It was on an end cap, and when that promo was over, they pulled it down and put it in storage. It is on their to-do list and they expect to get it in the set soon - perhaps today. As far as I know the other CMs have it on the shelf...(things are somewhat dynamic in these big stores as they have limited shelf space)

I really appreciate the feedback. Hopefully it will get worked in today.
Gator

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Good buddy of mine use to work for a major food chain. According to him the number of facings and which shelf are always in flux. Manufacturers/distributers want eye level and as many facings as they can get. Retail outlets want as many sales as they can get. Stuff that doesn't move as fast gets down low and the hot items get eye level.

SuckleBusters at Ruffs in Golden CO are at eye level, least last time I was there which was a while ago.

Course they won't admit, but items that appeal to kids riding in the kid seat seem to get placed at that "eye level" of a kid riding in a cart. Little Johnny or Joanny toss an item in and hope that mom/dad don't catch it.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:19 pm

The big boys also be selling those primo eye-level spots too...call it "slotting fees". There are all kinds of tricks in the bidness for them to get a better discount.
Gator

geeksmoke USER_AVATAR
GeekSmoke
Rustler

Postby GeekSmoke » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Since I was there, I bought a bottle of Heifer Dust. I haven't tried it yet. Have yaw ever heard of it?
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Gator wrote:The big boys also be selling those primo eye-level spots too...call it "slotting fees". There are all kinds of tricks in the bidness for them to get a better discount.

While back I was looking for wild rice. All I could find was those mixed blends of white and wild rice. Then I spied a sideways facing of genuine Minnesota Wild Rice at ankle level. I bought 'em all. They never replaced them. Perhaps if I had waited a week I could have found them in the mark down bin. :lol:

Getting back to the SB Brand, gotta say the available sauces are better than mine. Just hope you don't come up with a Lexington style vinegar sauce :shock: The hot hot sauces are good too, again better than my home made ones (which to be truthful isn't too hard to do :lol: ).
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:11 am

Thanks Dats.
Gator

Return to “SuckleBusters - The Forum Sponsor”