Pork Liver

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Allie

Pork Liver

Postby Allie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:57 pm

I don't think I've ever had pork liver before but I love beef liver with onions and fried chicken livers. Les's brother just bought a hog and called yesterday to see if I was interested in the liver.

Has anyone ever cooked it?

Do you cook it the same as beef liver?
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Ate it a lot back when I was just a chillins. Just fry it up like beef liver with a few onyawns. Hard to find in this part o the world nowadays. Indespensible for making boudan. Seems like it aint as apt to turn bitter as beef liver. I would sure take it.

bigwheel
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Had hogs liver many, many times. Did 'em just like BW sez and doused it with some soy sauce, chili peppers or chilipepper water.

We ate everything except the hair and the squeal. There is a Filipino dish made with pieces of pork, pork liver and other innards. There is also a variation where hogs blood is added at the end. Blood sausage without the casing! :dont:

Some provinces also made a sauce for roasted hog from ground up grilled pork liver, onions, spices and a touch of vinegar. Not one of my favorites though. :roll:

malama pono a hui hou,
honu41
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:58 am

Question; do you cook it whole or slice it? Never did one either. I don't care much for beef liver although I can eat it, but love them chicken livers and gizzards!!
hey Allie, tell him to throw you a shoulder while he's at it!! Maybe a ham too....... 8)
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:48 am

Slice it. Might be easier if you partially freeze it first.

bigwheel
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:22 am

It would be nice if he'd throw a shoulder, ham, or some ribs our way. lol

He hasn't given it to me yet but they won't eat it. Not too long ago, he gave us a bunch of sirloin steaks, bone-in ribeyes, chuck roasts and ground beef from a cow. His wife doesn't know how to cook those cuts. I'm not volunteering to teach her. lol
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Allie wrote:It would be nice if he'd throw a shoulder, ham, or some ribs our way. lol

He hasn't given it to me yet but they won't eat it. Not too long ago, he gave us a bunch of sirloin steaks, bone-in ribeyes, chuck roasts and ground beef from a cow. His wife doesn't know how to cook those cuts. I'm not volunteering to teach her. lol

I guess he doesn't either??? :dont:
Allie

Postby Allie » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:24 am

Every now and then he'll man the grill BUT he is completely useless in the kitchen. Thank goodness, Les is completely the opposite!

Return to “Request a Recipe”