Tuna steaks

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Papa Tom wrote:I used to have a lot of good BBQ friends ....but now they're into raw fish...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I did try sushi and sashimi for the first time a few months ago, and while it is OK, it will not take the place of red meat here :wink:

Now their steaks, seafood, and chicken meals that I got at the place was outstanding.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:37 pm

I agree that in this day and age we have to watch what we eat. I like everything and will eventually try what everyone on this forum cooks. For one thing I do not eat any seafood that is "farmed" and fed with manmade pellets and meal, either from saltwater or freshwater.

Haven't had any ABTs, or grilled frogs legs but I will try it AND may or may not like it.

Everything we consume starts "raw, cured or dried. Tofu is steamed soybean meal and not raw. What we prefer to eat depends on how it is prepared for our immediate consumption.

JamesB, glad you like raw tuna. I have eaten halibut, wahoo, marlin, ulua (jack cravelly) mackeral, mahimahi, striped bass and salmon all sashimi style. They are all good for me.

PT, I hope I am still accepted on this forum and not chastised or offended anyone for eating raw fish. :out:

malama pono a hui hou,
honu41
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:01 pm

honu41 wrote:
PT, I hope I am still accepted on this forum and not chastised or offended anyone for eating raw fish. :out:

malama pono a hui hou,

Are you kidding? you and I have been "Minnow Munchers" all our life and never been kicked out of anything for that.........
tarde venientibus ossa....
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:40 pm

PT,

Mahalo for the reply. Yep, I have been told many times that I mouth off too much and offend people with information overload. :roll: :lol: :lol:

malama pono a hui hou,
honu41
Allie

Postby Allie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:55 pm

honu41 wrote:Haven't had any ABTs, or grilled frogs legs but I will try it AND may or may not like it.

You might not want to try those ABTs. They are quite addictive and there's no way you can eat just one. lol Now frog legs aren't something that appeals to me but I've never had them grilled, only fried.

I have never tried sushi (the stuff with raw fish anyway). I love the California rolls at the local Chinese buffet but would be afraid to eat any kind of raw fish found in these parts. Maybe one day, I'll get to try the real thing!

Kalrog, with the kids and me, it's just the opposite of your situation. Les is the one who won't eat seafood and most fish. We have it as a special treat when he's out of town for work.
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:45 pm

honu41 wrote:I like everything and will eventually try what everyone on this forum cooks. ,

Not me, I have seen peas on peoples plates :shock: :lol:
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:09 pm

This thread was about Tuna grilling recipes. Lets get back on topic. :D

Make a separate thread to discuss sushi. :D
Jim
Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Oh, and the stuff you get at a chineese buffet passes for sushi as much as the stuff you get at McDonalds passes for a burger.
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:44 pm

Kalrog wrote:I got the sashimi grade for less than $7/lb.

Interior on mine was cool (raw) - up to warm for the kids but still rare. Yeah, I got a great deal.
Soooooo.........

You gonna share where you got that "good deal" on that tuna?
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm

DaHorns wrote:
Kalrog wrote:I got the sashimi grade for less than $7/lb.

Interior on mine was cool (raw) - up to warm for the kids but still rare. Yeah, I got a great deal.
Soooooo.........

You gonna share where you got that "good deal" on that tuna?

The HEB Plus in Leander on 183 at 2243 $6.99/lb as of this past Sunday.

Return to “Request a Recipe”